saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
I’ve noticed down here in Florida at higher speed limits they go slow and lower speed limits they go faster. On my commute to and back from work I drive over a large bridge which is 45mph it’s a drag strip as soon as they enter the bridge their foots to the floor not realizing there’s a cop waiting for them at the other side. Every day I see someone pulled over
By the way I’ve been driving for over thirty years and gotten one ticket for a expired inspection sticker in New York
Sponsored

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
By the way I’ve been driving for over thirty years and gotten one ticket for a expired inspection sticker in New York
I hear ya about the expired inspection, it's a magnet for cops here I really don't know why...

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear ya about the expired inspection, it's a magnet for cops here I really don't know why...
It’s a lot of money for the state of New York when I left New York it was 45 bucks for inspection that was 5 years ago

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a lot of money for the state of New York when I left New York it was 45 bucks for inspection that was 5 years ago
I don't like inspections but it's necessary so many people drive around with no brakes,no tire tread, no windshield wipers,lights that don't work,child car seats all messed up...some people are really reckless

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
I don't like inspections but it's necessary so many people drive around with no brakes,no tire tread, no windshield wipers,lights that don't work,child car seats all messed up...some people are really reckless
"Safety" inspections for private vehicles are only required in about 16 nanny states. In most of the other states LEOs can cite you for vehicle safety/mechanical deficiencies.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
"Safety" inspections for private vehicles are only required in about 16 nanny states. In most of the other states LEOs can cite you for vehicle safety/mechanical deficiencies.
Florida is non inspection both safety and emissions but I could see at least safety there’s a lot of out brake lights down here

zulraptor

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L Coupe
Country flag
I have a 2016 civic exl coupe and got pulled over for going 70 on a 55 by a state trooper in Arkansas. I was only given a warning so yay!

So I thought I'd start a thread of getting pulled over in your Civic X. I got pulled over twice for speeding but got let go.
Anyone else had a different experience with a strict-er cop or recieved violations of whatever it may be and in which country?

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
I got pulled over last week on Tuesday doing 125 in a 65 . State trooper was very nice. He asked me if there was a reason for my speeding and I told him I was late for work which I was. We then proceeded to talk about his car for a while because he drives an undercover mustang! He knew I knew who he was cause the minute I saw him I slowed down to 60 in the blink of an eye. After 10 minutes I told him I needed to get going or else the boss was going to be mad and he said be careful pulling off the shoulder. That’s it. No ticket or anything!

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got pulled over last week on Tuesday doing 125 in a 65 . State trooper was very nice. He asked me if there was a reason for my speeding and I told him I was late for work which I was. We then proceeded to talk about his car for a while because he drives an undercover mustang! He knew I knew who he was cause the minute I saw him I slowed down to 60 in the blink of an eye. After 10 minutes I told him I needed to get going or else the boss was going to be mad and he said be careful pulling off the shoulder. That’s it. No ticket or anything!
Jesus... if I got caught doing that kind of speed, I'd not only get a ticket, I'd probably be arrested, lose my license and never be able to afford insurance ever again. 0.o

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Jesus... if I got caught doing that kind of speed, I'd not only get a ticket, I'd probably be arrested, lose my license and never be able to afford insurance ever again. 0.o
Funny thing is I really don’t speed that often. Maybe once a week if that. The whole interstate was open so I just floored it and mr trooper in the mustang was sitting on an on ramp. I saw him and slowed down but not in time. He said he didn’t radar me but he winked when he said it so I think he was just feeling nice. He asked me how fast I was going and I said “to be honest sir I was paying attention to the road ahead of me not looking now” and all he said was good answer!!

oliviaiiii

First Name
Olivia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, TT, Civic LX,
Country flag
I’ve noticed down here in Florida at higher speed limits they go slow and lower speed limits they go faster. On my commute to and back from work I drive over a large bridge which is 45mph it’s a drag strip as soon as they enter the bridge their foots to the floor not realizing there’s a cop waiting for them at the other side. Every day I see someone pulled over
Looks like speed trap over the bridge is a thing everywhere? I’ve fell into a same speed trap once, got a warning he probably felt guilty! I usually make the same mistake once so I’ve only gotten(a variety of)warnings so far, plus 1 ticket from many years ago.

I know someone got pulled over for driving with expired tag and without insurance and the officer let him go :eek::eek::eek:

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wow, I'd probably lose my license...that's one hell of a cop!

Alj888

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic touring
Country flag
Wow, I'd probably lose my license...that's one hell of a cop!
You better believe I shit myself when I saw him, when he turned his lights on, and when he put that huge damn hat on!! Lmao

Omega_Flame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic
Country flag
When I was leasing a red 2016 Civic I got pulled over 3 times: one for texting, one for not putting my registration year sticker and another for going 90 on a 70 ( well, this 3rd one it was more like he pulled behind me and yelled at me through the speaker to slow down) Now that i got a 2019 Polished Metal Civic I haven't had any trouble, I even did an illegal U-turn in front of a cop and he just ignored me. So I guess it's true that red cars het you in more trouble withbtge cops lol

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I was leasing a red 2016 Civic I got pulled over 3 times: one for texting, one for not putting my registration year sticker and another for going 90 on a 70 ( well, this 3rd one it was more like he pulled behind me and yelled at me through the speaker to slow down) Now that i got a 2019 Polished Metal Civic I haven't had any trouble, I even did an illegal U-turn in front of a cop and he just ignored me. So I guess it's true that red cars het you in more trouble withbtge cops lol
Red is the devil's color. Cops like pulling over devil's :dunno:
Sponsored