Getting pulled over?

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
So I thought I'd start a thread of getting pulled over in your Civic X. I got pulled over twice for speeding but got let go.
Anyone else had a different experience with a strict-er cop or recieved violations of whatever it may be and in which country?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
So I thought I'd start a thread of getting pulled over in your Civic X. I got pulled over twice for speeding but got let go.
Anyone else had a different experience with a strict-er cop or recieved violations of whatever it may be and in which country?
Bro this is like the 3rd year of production Civics are super common I don't think it's that deep. Now Type R's I can definitely see getting pulled over more often and possibly Civic Si coupes and maybe Si sedans if the cop knows that it is. Other than that the Civics are normal, uber popular economy cars so I doubt it's making it easier to get pulled over

OP
OP

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Bro this is like the 3rd year of production Civics are super common I don't think it's that deep. Now Type R's I can definitely see getting pulled over more often and possibly Civic Si coupes and maybe Si sedans if the cop knows that it is. Other than that the Civics are normal, uber popular economy cars so I doubt it's making it easier to get pulled over
No the point is to just share your stories, and your grievances...

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My story is that I was pulled over 8 or 9 times when I was a young guy and got off with a warning every time. But around 22yo, I got my first ticket. After that, it was ticket every time. For those of you with perfect driving records, do all you can to keep it that way b/c after your first ticket, you'll probably never get off with a warning again.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
A cop pulled me over to let me know one of my brake lights was out like 2 months after I had bought my 2017 sedan new. Honda replaced it under warranty but wouldn't just give me the bulb to replace it myself lol.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I only got pulled over once with my Civic so far. It was for pulling out of a parking lot and turning left "dangerously".
It was like $70 and no points so meh. Not sure if the fact that I have an Si and I revved high in first to go made a difference but I doubt it lol.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I get pulled over for my tint sometimes..but i don't speed too much anymore

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got stopped for missing a stop sign, I literally didn’t see it because I was in an unknown area and the stop sign was so far from the road, cop gave me a warning and let me go.

Got pulled over last year cause I was rolling without my front plate back in NJ. Cop was super nice about it, I told him that I didn’t want to drill into such a special car and I was moving to PA soon anyways. He just advised me another officer could ticket me if they wanted, but otherwise let me go.

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man, did you argue with him? Or did you fight it? That's bogus...
Generally the time to "fight it" ain't on the side of the road. Just show up in court and that sort of ticket will usually be knocked down or thrown out altogether.

I haven't been nicked just yet, but it's only been a couple of weeks since I got the new Si. I'm sure it's only a matter of time. I'm probably going to be investing in a Valentine One detector soonish, as the funds are available in my allowance account. (Yes, I'm about to turn 40 and I have an allowance account. How else would I save for stuff I want and have it stay separate from the family savings and such? :D)

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I haven't got pulled over in the Civic yet. I think Jenny has 2 or 3 times from drawing attention to herself through... excessive acceleration. That in itself seems ridiculous as it's not that quick of a car... and she said she'd never lost traction and never was actually speeding. Still... they pulled her over because I guess the cops were randomly acting like my dad or something... told her to slow down... then let her go because, well... she wasn't speeding or doing traction breaking acceleration that I think actually constitutes a citation.

Cops are usually pretty easy to interact with. I had a guy pull me over last year who was kind of being a dick... I was late and I gave him a bit of sass back and he was trying to play some BS mind games with me to get me to admit to something until one of his buddies came up... we talked about our mutual navy time and the guy with a chip on his shoulder packed it up. Kind if annoyed me as I was driving the speed limit in my old truck home from work at nearly midnight... he had followed me 3-4 miles since I left the base (very closely and obviously too) then the first comment he made was about someone had called me in as being all over the road (I hadn't been). I replied something along the lines, "Called it in? You'd know. You've been tailgating me since I left the base."

Yeah... it wasn't my most pleasant interaction.
Sponsored