First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Honda S2000, 2017 Civc Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Alright so update.

Took in Vehicle to local Honda service - I purchased this vehicle a week ago from the time I took it in and the service guy said to "bring it in so he can take a look".
I get there and they fill out the service form and I ask him if he has seen many like this, He told me that they have a Type R in the back with the exact same issue. He asked if I could leave it overnight - I agreed hoping they can get it fixed.

They kept it for a day and I just drove my S2000 around (can't complain) get a call back that a Honda Rep (who's dat...idk?) took pictures and sent it to Honda "engineering" and that everything was documented for me to get a fix (when they come up with one) picked up car in same exact condition and left.

I made sure they documented the issue and received a copy that I would be waiting for a fix on their service sheet for later and filed at home.

Even if they will look at your car looks like they don't have a fix yet and won't for weeks. Best thing to do is try to get it documented by dealer so the damage does not seem like it was done by owner.

end of story.
Sponsored

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport (ABM)
Country flag
Hopefully for those of us who have had the front black trim replaced in efforts to fix the issue still remain eligible for the "Honda Engineering fix" list if the issue is not resolved after a 1st attempt at a fix.

TrentonSport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
I've had the same issue as all the previous posts stated. Brought my vehicle in at 7am and at 530pm was told they would not be able to fix it under warranty. They claimed I "sat" on my hood causing the tabs to break. i contacted honda corporate but doubt they will fix this issue.

Shinjari

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 WOP Civic HB Sport 6MT, '03 Honda CBR600RR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah the joys of buying the 1st year of a new generation vehicle. Now I need to go check and see if my 1 month old Sport hatch has this issue.

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update.

Got a call from my same service person today and got a resolution!

He called me today stating that Honda is going to replace my front grill and do something to the bumper, turn around time was super fast. They are setting me up with a loaner when they get the part and already ordered the part.

Happy camper hopefully this fixes it but they went beyond what I thought based on other ppls storys.

Will update once I get the vech back.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Still wondering why the dealer is bothering to replace the front grilles when there's nothing wrong with them. The bumper is the issue

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just took the car over to Honda.

Got some more details regarding what they are actually going to do.

Service guy said that they ordered a new grill and bumper they are sending it to a body shop for it to get professionally done and its all covered by Honda. He said this is the first one they do and want to make sure they correctly fix the issue, since they have a type R with the same problem they want to fix it and document the fix and send it to Honda.

Got a loaner car and he said they would keep it for 4-5 businesses days and will call me for any updates.

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just took the car over to Honda.

Got some more details regarding what they are actually going to do.

Service guy said that they ordered a new grill and bumper they are sending it to a body shop for it to get professionally done and its all covered by Honda. He said this is the first one they do and want to make sure they correctly fix the issue, since they have a type R with the same problem they want to fix it and document the fix and send it to Honda.

Got a loaner car and he said they would keep it for 4-5 businesses days and will call me for any updates.
Wow talk about this dealership going the extra mile... I need them down here! interested to hear how it all turns out as well.

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Alright so last update.
Got my car back today and got to admit this Honda Dealership went the extra mile.

Looks like they put a new grill on it and the gap is officially gone - I remember touching the front grill part and it seemed flimsy compared to now.

Took some pictures for you to look at and compare what you have at home.
Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_20170908_152539
Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. IMG_20170908_152435(1)

DMP84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice congrats so the bumper itself is new as well?

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Nice congrats so the bumper itself is new as well?
Thanks! From what the receipt says on they replaced both. I don't have it in my hand so I'll snap a pic when I can and post it up as well.

Chupacabra519

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic HB Sport (ABM)
Country flag
So from here, wonder how we can get our dealerships to look up this fix, for those of us waiting to get it resolved. Did they give you some kind of case number for this repair?

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey just got home and took a pic of what the service guy gave me.

Wish I could help with a code but he didn't mention anything. He did say I was the first person they were going to fix and send all the info to Honda since this was a known issue to them specially with a type R in the show room with the exact same thing.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front grille coming apart. 20170908-222904_p0

kwk1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic LX Sedan CVT white
Country flag
Glad you got it fixed Anthony, but it looks like they just replaced bumper and grill.
Curious to see if it pops out somewhere down the road, or if something is actually different and it is indeed a cure, and not simply a replacement. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Sponsored