Front Grille and Bumper Replacement

ChrisERAU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hey guys, so my gf accidentally backed into my '16 EX (ironic lol, I guess she hates my EX) and crunched in the chrome/black plastic grille and dented in the upper part of the bumper (the part between the grille and hood). :( Truly a sad day. At first, I thought it wasn't too bad, but then I found out that top bumper sliver between the grille and hood is actually part of the whole front bumper, and I have to take the whole bumper off just to replace the grille. Even though the bumper damage isn't too bad, I'm OCD so it'll bug me if I don't replace it. I was able to bend back some of the dents that I could reach, though. But still some stress cracks are there in the paint.

So that brings me to the question of where to get the replacement parts. Doing the repair is easy enough. My car is cosmic blue. Where's the best place to get replacement parts? Are the chinese parts I found on ebay equivalent to OEM, or at least good enough as far as fitting/looking right? Is it possible to find a bumper in the right color? If anybody has these parts they want to get rid of, I'd be very interested.

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Grille and Bumper Replacement IMG_1089

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Grille and Bumper Replacement Top.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Front Grille and Bumper Replacement Front.JPG

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, so my gf accidentally backed into my '16 EX (ironic lol, I guess she hates my EX) and crunched in the chrome/black plastic grille and dented in the upper part of the bumper (the part between the grille and hood). :( Truly a sad day. At first, I thought it wasn't too bad, but then I found out that top bumper sliver between the grille and hood is actually part of the whole front bumper, and I have to take the whole bumper off just to replace the grille. Even though the bumper damage isn't too bad, I'm OCD so it'll bug me if I don't replace it. I was able to bend back some of the dents that I could reach, though. But still some stress cracks are there in the paint.

So that brings me to the question of where to get the replacement parts. Doing the repair is easy enough. My car is cosmic blue. Where's the best place to get replacement parts? Are the chinese parts I found on ebay equivalent to OEM, or at least good enough as far as fitting/looking right? Is it possible to find a bumper in the right color? If anybody has these parts they want to get rid of, I'd be very interested.

IMG_1089.jpg

Top.JPG

Front.JPG
I get my stuff from here...
https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda/Parts-Car.aspx
I wouldn't trust any Chinese parts from eBay,lol

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Chinese parts from EBAY fit like crap. Avoid at all costs if you need them for replacement body parts.

OP
OP

ChrisERAU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Noted.

Is it worthwhile to get parts from the Honda dealer? Asking mainly for the front bumper, since painted bumpers seem hard to find.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would look online for OEM parts prices. Most dealers will be the same price across the board, but check what the online price is for your local dealers and some other ones.

syed

First Name
Syed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Same thing happened with my 2016 civic.
I’m not sure how to install them.
Any suggestions where can i get it install (not to expensive)
Honda dealership quoted for $1300 including parts and labor
Sponsored

Last edited: