BD4UinSF

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sdn, w PRL 4"intake and KTuner25psi
Vehicle Showcase
I want to start by saying that I am not advocating to people to buy EV's. That is an individual choice. I understand, people have specific needs, some people don't have access to home, work, or public charging. Some people want to row their own gears, hear and feel the sound of their engines, want to modify their cars. And some people just don't want EV's, period. Perfectly understandable. So why am writing this thread? As some of you may have read this week, there was thread started by RedBullHondaF1, I can't remember the exact title, but something like "Who needs EV's?". Since I've moved on from my 2018 Si a few years back, I don't really participate much anymore, but I do have some friends still on this forum, so we PM from time to time.

Anyway, his thread was full of misinformation, he was bragging that his Si is more efficient than any EV, basically saying that from that standpoint they are pointless vehicles. So I took the opportunity to respectfully disprove this by posting the efficiency of my Polestar. At 408 WHP and 487 ft-lbs torque and 0 to 60 in 4.1 seconds, I get around 85 MPG combined city/hwy. My total monthly electricity cost is around $50 a month...there's no hybrid in existence that beats that. But instead of just telling me something like "EV's are just not for me. I prefer the feeling of shifting my own gears and hearing and feeling my engine revving" he decided to throw vile insults which I won't repeat. Well, this was the result:

1648150709620.png

I feel bad for the guy, the punishment was probably more than I would have dished out, but nonetheless, his lashing out at me was a sign of not only pure ignorant arrogance, but completel denial. A real enthusiast understands that there will always be a better car than his or hers, but understands that doesn't make his or her car any less special.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear the record that I wasn't trying to put anybody's choice of vehicle down. I respect everyone's choice and never question why someone drives one type of car or another. I myself have over 30 years of ICE ownership, and still own two (2 ICE and 2 EV's). My specific reasons for moving to EV's are that you can efficiently produce a ton of smooth, instant power with less overhead, I have access to both home charging and public fast charging, range is no longer an issue (I've already made several long distance trips), and lastly, maintenance is virtually non-existent
I too have gotten better mileage since tuning 17 Si Sedan. My PRL 4" racing intake and a 25 PSI K-Tuner V2 with Stage 2 PRL Racing Tune. I can get 38 MPG going 100 MPH. Once during heavy ran I was forced to go 60 mph for an entire tank and got 50 MPG....Better than my GFs Prius at 100 MPH for sure!

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
It's a clown world, and the greenies are living in a delusional, "it feels good man" irrational reality. Factor in the fact rare earths are dominated by China good luck when they want to screw the US. Also...good luck getting around in an EV when the power goes out. The studies have been done by universities and economists with no skin in the game, and they all say the same thing, EVs are not more efficient and are not green...far from it. But people want to remain ignorant and that is there choice.
Everything you wrote here just shows me how uniformed you are about EV's. Really if one has no knowledge of something, they really shouldn't speak about it, it just shows ignorance. But you have the right to your opinion, I respect that

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
Have both. Until the electric infrastructure equals gas ill pass on ev only.
Hybrid is the way for now imo.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have both. Until the electric infrastructure equals gas ill pass on ev only.
Hybrid is the way for now imo.
I get it. I live in California where the infrastructure is built out and there are fast chargers everywhere, I've already made a trip to SoCal (380 miles each way) and had no issues with charging, hitting a 350KW charger which boosted me from 20 percent to 80 percent in 20 minutes. 99 percent of the time I charge at home so I have a "full tank" every morning. For sure I would never take a trip further than Nevada, if I have to travel out of California I'll just fly

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually, I am informed. Very informed. Do you know where most of the world's Cobalt production comes from for EVs? I bet you don't not off the top of your head. But please, explain how "ignorant" I am, unless of course you support child labor. How about how large swaths of China are completely toxic now from mining rare earths? Hmmm? Ignorant of that are you? Of course. Typical of an EV owner...can't see past their chin bc they hold their head so high and smugly.
So you're the environmentalist and humans rights advocate huh? You should stop using and buying smartphones, computers, stop wearing clothes because most of that stuff comes from China or countries that use child labor LOL. And maybe you should stop driving your car because lots of parts, like your battery come from...China. I'm no environmentalist, I can care less about greenhouse gases or if something is made in China, and darn, mine all the cobalt in the world! I'm a pure Capitalist! Now excuse me while I send my indentured servant to fetch me a soy Latte!!

Last edited:

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
It's a clown world, and the greenies are living in a delusional, "it feels good man" irrational reality. Factor in the fact rare earths are dominated by China good luck when they want to screw the US. Also...good luck getting around in an EV when the power goes out. The studies have been done by universities and economists with no skin in the game, and they all say the same thing, EVs are not more efficient and are not green...far from it. But people want to remain ignorant and that is there choice.
That's not a lithium mine, and that's not a typical oil sands site either. Most of the other stuff that you said in this post is also wrong.

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is a typical straw man arguement. You refuse to debate my points and label me ignorant. The fact is you are the one that is ignorant, or just refuses to acknowledge the MAJOR shortcomings of EVs and how they're made. Some one comes up with the opposite opinion of you and you go full attack. Debate my points. Here maybe read and get better informed, shall we? You bore me with psuedo intellect.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-...has-monopolised-the-electric-vehicle-industry

How the rise of electric cars endangers the ‘last frontier’ of the Philippines (nbcnews.com) (Fuck rainsforests right? I mean EVs are supposed to"Save the Climate" LOL)

China Wrestles with the Toxic Aftermath of Rare Earth Mining - Yale E360

Yale is ignorant too I guess LOL!!!! That's just a quick reference of articles. There are tons more that say EVs are not the green way people think and are being forced into (that's a whole other reason for that you and most clearly can't grasp either.)

I'm done here. I made my points showing EVs are not "the green utopian wet dream" people think with actual fact. You, well....have not. But enjoy the Polestar with Congolese child labor mined cobalt. I mean, fuck them right? Zero gas lol. Clearly, you are the better human.
See ya later buddy! Great conversation LOL

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Huh. You know, I'm no detective, but I notice something here that's very interesting:

Honda Civic 10th gen Follow-up to Who needs an EV 1649293967189

Honda Civic 10th gen Follow-up to Who needs an EV 1649294097229

LIGMA my friend, we weren't reborn, were we? Very, very interesting... :hmm:

Last edited:

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si (Stolen), 2013 Honda Accord Sport V6
Country flag
Huh. You know, I'm no detective, but I notice something here that's very interesting:

1649293967189.png

1649294097229.png

LIGMA my friend, we weren't reborn, were we? Very, very interesting... :hmm:
Good catch LMFAO :thumbsup:. Looking through some posts of both profiles, same writing style. Cousins a homicide detective, 10 years on the job once told me the culprate always returns to the scene. He said compulsion they just can't help themselves

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Good catch LMFAO :thumbsup:. Looking through some posts of both profiles, same writing style. Cousins a homicide detective, 10 years on the job once told me the culprate always returns to the scene. He said compulsion they just can't help themselves
It didn't take long to figure it out. I would say he reincarnated with different aliases at least three times on this forum, but probably more. In fact I would bet money naming his past aliases. He has a toxic personality and badmouths others people's choices in cars, uses aggressive language, leading to suspensions and bans. If it's not a Honda, than it's garbage. No respect for others choices. See his comment on the Corolla GR. He can't help himself I guess he's so full of anger. But maybe he does it on purpose to get a rise. Who knows, but I will give him one thing, he keeps coming back, ban after ban. He must have a ton of email addresses LOL.

If I remember correctly you bought a Lotus, do you still have it?

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It didn't take long to figure it out. I would say he reincarnated with different aliases at least three times on this forum, but probably more. In fact I would bet money naming his past aliases. He has a toxic personality and badmouths others people's choices in cars, uses aggressive language, leading to suspensions and bans. If it's not a Honda, than it's garbage. No respect for others choices. See his comment on the Corolla GR. He can't help himself I guess he's so full of anger. But maybe he does it on purpose to get a rise. Who knows, but I will give him one thing, he keeps coming back, ban after ban. He must have a ton of email addresses LOL.

If I remember correctly you bought a Lotus, do you still have it?
Yeah, still have the Evora, its been in the shop a lot :mad: for all kinds of shit like electrical, HVAC, leaks and a bunch of other annoying issues. Might sell at some point with the batshit market the way it is. No EV's in my immediate future, I like manuals and the sound of engines. Who knows, though. Teslas are everywhere now, I see more of them than Camry's, a lot of my neighbors own them. I've seen a few Polestars around! Nice looking car. Very unique looking. Congrats

OP
OP
amirza786

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, still have the Evora, its been in the shop a lot :mad: for all kinds of shit like electrical, HVAC, leaks and a bunch of other annoying issues. Might sell at some point with the batshit market the way it is. No EV's in my immediate future, I like manuals and the sound of engines. Who knows, though. Teslas are everywhere now, I see more of them than Camry's, a lot of my neighbors own them. I've seen a few Polestars around! Nice looking car. Very unique looking. Congrats
Like I've said to others, I respect that choice. And thanks!

HondaFanz2018

First Name
HondaFanz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Today took the Evora out with the wife, we hit Angeles Crest hwy. Evora 400 is a monster, built with these types of roads in mind. Coming behind me is a red Tesla. I know they are fast, but I'm thinking I'll teach this guy a little lesson. I slam it into 2nd and I'm hard throttle with a smile. No way that 5000 lbs beast can keep up on these curves. The smile faded and turned to wonder then curiosity as he kept right on my tail. Even on all the curves. I couldn't lose him, it at some points looked like I was in his way at the straightaways :confused:. After 20 minutes of this, I give him the thumbs up and gesture for him to pull over.

Turns out also behind him is a Hyundai, Ioniq 5 that was also keeping up. We chatted up, he had a Model Y performance, a fricking SUV! The cabin was a little simple, but laid out pretty well. The Hyundai had a better cabin and instrument layout. I was expecting the drivers would be techies, but they were enthusiasts just like me. The Tesla owner also had a BMW M340i with a 6 speed manual and an LS460 that his wife drives, but he plans to replace it with a Model S Plaid in 2 or 3 years. He said he rarely drives the M3 anymore!

Asked him about range, and he gets roughly 300 miles on a charge, he mentioned something about mostly charging to 80 percent unless he went on long trips. He said he charges majority at home, but uses Super chargers when going long distances. Said it takes 20 minutes to get from 10% to 80% and he's gone as far as Vegas with no problems. What was most impressive was he said it would cost him $20 to go from LA to Vegas!

Learned some pretty interesting stuff, but not ready to take that plunge. Maybe the next 3 or 4 years. Sorry OP for hijacking your thread