Base model Type R, who needs an Si

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Best scene in the movie Barrack and probably one of the best Ferrell lines ever
There were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident!

Sorry OP, whenever Anchorman references pop up I just can't help myself.
Sponsored

Phosky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Civic DX
Country flag
Best scene in the movie Barrack and probably one of the best Ferrell lines ever
Nothing will ever top "We're going to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring. Stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know. I don't know if we'll have enough time."

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
In related news, Hondata is getting very good results on a base flash with no other mods. 225 WHP/254 WTQ on the Hatch Sport. They cite the turbo is the limiting factor (obviously), so there's probably a little more headroom to be had in the Si.

What interests me about this particular configuration is that the HP/TQ relationship & driving behavior is now similar to that in the GTI, MS3 and ST (and indirectly the WRX). Torque peaks very early and stays strong through 5,500 RPMs. I expect KTuner will offer something similar, if not already.

I'm not suggesting people pick up an Si just to mod it. I'm just saying the potential is there, for those who want a little more.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/more-...g-eliminated-226-hp-255-tq-calibration.10708/

Honda Civic 10th gen Base model Type R, who needs an Si _9_psi_tune-

Last edited:

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
In related news, Hondata is getting very good results on a base flash with no other mods. 225 WHP/254 WTQ on the Hatch Sport. They cite the turbo is the limiting factor (obviously), so there's probably a little more headroom to be had in the Si.

What interests me about this particular configuration is that the HP/TQ relationship & driving behavior is now similar to that in the GTI, MS3 and ST (and indirectly the WRX). Torque peaks very early and stays strong through 5,500 RPMs. I expect KTuner will offer something similar, if not already.

I'm not suggesting people pick up an Si just to mod it. I'm just saying the potential is there, for those who want a little more.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/more-...g-eliminated-226-hp-255-tq-calibration.10708/

Honda Civic 10th gen Base model Type R, who needs an Si _9_psi_tune-

How recent was this? I've been watching a few videos the last few weeks and they were pulling 22x HP/21x TQ with light mods. Seemed to imply that not much more could be extracted unless doing something more drastic. I did notice throttle response was a lot better though. Pretty sure the same will happen in the SI with throttle. Seems a little high for conservative honda but not improbable.

Last edited:

OP
OP
CIVICSPORT

CIVICSPORT

Doctor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
It was released yesterday.
Probs 10-15 more horsepower with the Si turbo.. or about a tenth or two faster. It will have the same max psi limiting factor I believe and rpm. just has a different impellar design.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
It was released yesterday.
Having a hard time wrapping my head around pulling that much out in a few weeks stock when the numbers I mentioned were from stock, or with intakes and or downpipes. I did watch videos of just coupes and sedans though, no hatch back but the hatch is only tuned for factory 6+ HP right? Are they getting rated mpg's still or extracting all the power they can now?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Probs 10-15 more horsepower with the Si turbo.. or about a tenth or two faster. It will have the same max psi limiting factor I believe and rpm. just has a different impellar design.
We could see a little more than that. While improvements to peak boost may be minimal, the design allows for better flow through a larger range of the powerband. We may also see a slight advantage with the Si's reduced CR over the base EX-T. That's my theory until the tuners gets a crack at it...

Having a hard time wrapping my head around pulling that much out in a few weeks stock when the numbers I mentioned were from stock, or with intakes and or downpipes. I did watch videos of just coupes and sedans though, no hatch back but the hatch is only tuned for factory 6+ HP right? Are they getting rated mpg's still or extracting all the power they can now?
Probably better to ask in the thread I referenced vs. discussing here. But per Hondata's feedback, they were able to raise the PSI without adverse impacts to AFR or KR.

pukemon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 DBP Civic SI
And then there's the clutch issue. Has Honda overspec'ed the clutch to handle that much torque? Honda it seems has been scared to put down 200lb tq+ on their 4 bangers.

canadasiguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
And then there's the clutch issue. Has Honda overspec'ed the clutch to handle that much torque? Honda it seems has been scared to put down 200lb tq+ on their 4 bangers.
Again...conjecture...facts only pukey

maggsgsr

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Si Coupe
If this is a second car yea.. I'd never want to buy an R and beat the hell out of it as a daily driver. Every component on this car is special. This thing will be worth almost sticker value 20 years from now. Just look at the Integra Type R. Still going for almost MSRP in mint condition

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm kind of wondering what the point of the Si is...
Some people don't want to daily drive a race car.

unless you really wanted a coupe or sedan that performs slightly better than the base.
:rolleyes: Yeah, a couple dozen HP is all that separates the Si from the base. Have you ever made a positive post? Have you considered posting in one of the other boards on this forum?

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
Some people don't want to daily drive a race car.

:rolleyes: Yeah, a couple dozen HP is all that separates the Si from the base. Have you ever made a positive post? Have you considered posting in one of the other boards on this forum?

Honda shouldn't put 1.5T in regular Civic. Keep this engine for Si/ CRV will make more sense for the buyer. I guess Honda disagree...
Sponsored