Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Thank you all for the feedback. Based on y’all knowledge, how many people have broke their R’s due to this mod (flex fuel), base map, tune, fuel factor, etc.?

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thank you all for the feedback. Based on y’all knowledge, how many people have broke their R’s due to this mod (flex fuel), base map, tune, fuel factor, etc.?
Zero. The only known causes for K20C1 failures are methanol systems failing, antilag being abused, and beating the absolute dogshit out of it on the track. Nobody's ever lost an engine on a basemap that wasn't messed with.

OP
OP
gva2984

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Finally, decided to pull the trigger on the flex fuel kit. I will definitely get a custome tune as soon as I get it installed. I’ve seen the sweet spot for most tuners is E30, but I’ve also seen Hondata claiming the best results are on E40. ??‍♂. So, once I get the tune for ethanol, is it possible to get a tune for plain 91oct as well, just for those times where I don’t find or want to add E85? Cause we all know that corn fuel is very hard to find sometimes, and I don’t want to go through that headache of not finding E85 and have a tune that would not work at the best.

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Finally, decided to pull the trigger on the flex fuel kit. I will definitely get a custome tune as soon as I get it installed. I’ve seen the sweet spot for most tuners is E30, but I’ve also seen Hondata claiming the best results are on E40. ??‍♂. So, once I get the tune for ethanol, is it possible to get a tune for plain 91oct as well, just for those times where I don’t find or want to add E85? Cause we all know that corn fuel is very hard to find sometimes, and I don’t want to go through that headache of not finding E85 and have a tune that would not work at the best.
No need for another tune for plain 91 oct.
See below

A flex fuel tune is tuned for all percentages of ethanol.

As for E40 you need to upgrade fuel system for best result.

OP
OP
gva2984

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
No need for another tune for plain 91 oct.
See below

So with this being said, when I get the custome tune for E30, I will have the most HP possible. In the case I don’t do the mix for getting 30% ethanol and just fill up with only 91oct, I guess I won’t have the same HP output, and at the same I won’t have any issues such as running lean or misfires, right?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
So with this being said, when I get the custome tune for E30, I will have the most HP possible. In the case I don’t do the mix for getting 30% ethanol and just fill up with only 91oct, I guess I won’t have the same HP output, and at the same I won’t have any issues such as running lean or misfires, right?
When you get a flex fuel tune it's not just for 30% ethanol, It's for all ranges of ethanol. That's the whole point of getting the flex fuel. Otherwise you can skip the flex fuel kit and just get it custom tuned for E30.

OP
OP
gva2984

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Looking at the hondata base maps for flex fuel, and I see a few options. First, on the PRL flex fuel installation guide says to select the revision 1 since I am 91oct. But i see different options for 25% ethanol with a warning that content should be between 23-27% gauged. I’m just wondering what’s the difference between those calibrations, and if it makes any difference on the overall performance and if those are safe?

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Looking at the hondata base maps for flex fuel, and I see a few options. First, on the PRL flex fuel installation guide says to select the revision 1 since I am 91oct. But i see different options for 25% ethanol with a warning that content should be between 23-27% gauged. I’m just wondering what’s the difference between those calibrations, and if it makes any difference on the overall performance and if those are safe?
If you scroll further down there's an option for flexfuel.

E25 is intended for people that want to go ethanol without a flex fuel kit. And you will need to switch tunes when you go without ethanol.

Main difference is the flexfuel is good for E0-E80 while the E25 is only good for E23-E27

OP
OP
gva2984

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
If you scroll further down there's an option for flexfuel.

E25 is intended for people that want to go ethanol without a flex fuel kit. And you will need to switch tunes when you go without ethanol.

Main difference is the flexfuel is good for E0-E80 while the E25 is only good for E23-E27
Thanks for the explanation tho

OP
OP
gva2984

gva2984

Not just another Type R
First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I would like to ask, if I should change the engine oil to a specific one, once I start putting e85? Not sure if it’s recommended or if it makes no difference on the combustion running high ethanol content.
Sponsored