First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Hey guys,

I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the Sirimoto flex-fuel kit. Anyone out there running it and having any issues? I just picked up Hondata and I will be attending ihearthonda this Sunday to get it jailbroken. My next mod would be getting the sirimoto kit. Thanks in advance guys!
Sponsored

Last edited:

BerzerkerX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the Sirimoto kit, it was easy to install, no issues with it running 35-40% Ethanol. I have the Gauge under the hood because i didnt want it showing and have hondata mobile on the HU. Install took like 1hr or so, and if u have thin arms or if u lift ur car a bit you can even get to the ECT 2 sensor without removing the Intake box. This was the 3 major mod i did. first was Hondata, then Mishi FMIC, then Flex, i think this is the best bang for your buck. and you can really feel the difference in HP and TQ on 40%. Hoping for some one to make a stronger fuel pump and that would be my last mod hopefully...

OP
OP
Xsteven562

Xsteven562

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I have the Sirimoto kit, it was easy to install, no issues with it running 35-40% Ethanol. I have the Gauge under the hood because i didnt want it showing and have hondata mobile on the HU. Install took like 1hr or so, and if u have thin arms or if u lift ur car a bit you can even get to the ECT 2 sensor without removing the Intake box. This was the 3 major mod i did. first was Hondata, then Mishi FMIC, then Flex, i think this is the best bang for your buck. and you can really feel the difference in HP and TQ on 40%. Hoping for some one to make a stronger fuel pump and that would be my last mod hopefully...
I appreciate the feedback man thank you very much!

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I've had both kits and prefer the prl kit, in my opinion the prl kit feels a little more heavy duty, wiring is better and the mounting bracket I like more rather then just zip tieing the sensor to the bracket like the sirimoto kit. I also had wiring issues with my sirimoto kit tripping cel's randomly and had no issue with the prl kit. But both get the job done and just depends if you want a extra gauge for ethanol reading or not. I just ran the hondata app on my head unit to see the ethanol content.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I have the Sirimoto kit since they were first to market. Fitment was decent and no issues so far (installed since July this year). I'm running custom tuned Hondata Flashpro, generally with ~40% E85.

OP
OP
Xsteven562

Xsteven562

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I've had both kits and prefer the prl kit, in my opinion the prl kit feels a little more heavy duty, wiring is better and the mounting bracket I like more rather then just zip tieing the sensor to the bracket like the sirimoto kit. I also had wiring issues with my sirimoto kit tripping cel's randomly and had no issue with the prl kit. But both get the job done and just depends if you want a extra gauge for ethanol reading or not. I just ran the hondata app on my head unit to see the ethanol content.
i had the sirimoto.
if i was going to buy another flex fuel kit, it would be the PRL one.
I have the Sirimoto kit since they were first to market. Fitment was decent and no issues so far (installed since July this year). I'm running custom tuned Hondata Flashpro, generally with ~40% E85.
I appreciate all the feedback guys. I will take a look into the PRL kit as well.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2016 Accord Sport
Country flag
Most people are saying the installs of these kits were easy. Anytime I hear about wiring it intimidates me a bit. Was the wiring pretty much just plugging some stuff in or was it fairly complicated?
I'm not very mechanically inclined and am definitely no electrician.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
its easy. I can install one in like 30 mins. Tidying up the harness to make it look "OEM" is what took longer than the actual install.

sirimoto kit requires you to use an add a fuse to an ign on source which is simple enough. PRL Kit should just be unplugging a connector and plugging in the new one inline.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is anyone running just one of these kits, an intercooler and a tune? I'm wondering what kind of power people on this thread are getting.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i used to run it with an intake, intercooler, and an exhaust with stock front pipe and stock downpipe. idk how much power though as i never put it on a dyno before i removed it.

Dragnet

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i used to run it with an intake, intercooler, and an exhaust with stock front pipe and stock downpipe. idk how much power though as i never put it on a dyno before i removed it.
You removed all of the aftermarket parts? Why did you remove these parts?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i didn't remove the parts. I just removed the flex fuel kit and went back to 91 octane.

The fuel system is so weak that it just wasn't worth the hassle to me. Not to mention having to blend and losing some mpg on an already small tank.
I will revisit once a better fuel system is available and see.
Sponsored