nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Congrats! I just picked up my SGP over the weekend too. I bought it out in Kentucky but I had to drive it back to NY. 800 mile trip, but this car is amazing! First car I bought brand new, and I am loving it. I wasnt as lucky as you, I ended up paying $500 over sticker but I figured $500 was do-able.

IMG_2369.JPG

IMG_2370.JPG
I mean in this market, as long as they aren’t charging an arm or a leg for markup, you are getting a good deal. Congrats! Your CTR is already broken in after you get back to NY.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’ve been calling dealers all over the nation during the past month and I told myself I’m not paying a dime over the sticker for this sexy hatch. Some dealers even ask over $60,000 for the CTR (CTR is great, but I’d rather get an M2C for that much). Finally, I got a dealer willing to sell a sonic grey one to me at MSRP ($39k) with no other fees/markup, not even doc fees. Initially they ask $5000 over, but I said if you do MSRP, I’ll pay cash now. We shake hands 5 mins later. I’m so happy. Guys, there are dealers willing to work with you, don’t pay over the sticker. Good luck everyone!
That is impressive. Especially since you paid cash and cost the dealer any hope of making money on the financing, and no add on fees either. Which is where they make most of their money. And with no trade-in from the sounds of it, they didn't even have that chance to score. (Cue blue moon, pigs flying)

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is impressive. Especially since you paid cash and cost the dealer any hope of making money on the financing, and no add on fees either. Which is where they make most of their money. And with no trade-in from the sounds of it, they didn't even have that chance to score. (Cue blue moon, pigs flying)
Yeah, it was a wonderful deal considering the current CTR market. I had a 2019 civic sport sedan with 6MT but I sold it to carmax the day before taking delivery. I paid $18600 for my 2019 civic new two years ago. After 2 years, 60,000 miles, two accidents, carmax bought it for $18800, which is $200 more than what I originally paid it for. Im still confused.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
. Initially they ask $5000 over, but I said if you do MSRP, I’ll pay cash now.
Call me crazy but I was under the impression dealer's would rather you finance as they make money off that too. I've heard them talk people out of cash buys.

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Call me crazy but I was under the impression dealer's would rather you finance as they make money off that too. I've heard them talk people out of cash buys.
Yeah, I was under that impression too. The dealer asked me whether I would finance or buy it out right, I said whichever way gets me MSRP. I gave them the option and they decided to have a 100% cash deal. I found that strange too.
However, my friend works at a Toyota dealership told me all dealers have specific sales quota they need to meet in order to get prioritized for manufacturer new vehicle distribution. That’s probably why some big Honda dealerships have multiple CTRs on their lot but those small town dealers never even seen one. My friend said when the quota deadline approaches and they still need to sell a few vehicles, dealers likely give deals to cash buyers because there won’t be any hiccup financially (bad credit, too high interest, etc), which likely kills the deal.
That’s just my speculation based on what my Toyota friend told me. I don’t know if that’s the case how I got it at MSRP.

MarcusgibbS

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2000 EM1
Country flag
I’m not gonna flip it. I’m driving a 19 civic sport sedan with manual transmission daily, but the K20C2 is seriously underpowered. I’m getting the CTR now mainly because I feel Honda will screw up the 11th gen CTR after seeing the 11th gen civic sedan. If the front end is the same but have a scoop and vented bumper, they screwed it big time just like the 8th to 9th gen redesign. Don’t forgot Honda has the tradition for screwing up odd number gen civic.
Huh? EK9 was where it started!

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Yeah, I was under that impression too. The dealer asked me whether I would finance or buy it out right, I said whichever way gets me MSRP. I gave them the option and they decided to have a 100% cash deal. I found that strange too.
However, my friend works at a Toyota dealership told me all dealers have specific sales quota they need to meet in order to get prioritized for manufacturer new vehicle distribution. That’s probably why some big Honda dealerships have multiple CTRs on their lot but those small town dealers never even seen one. My friend said when the quota deadline approaches and they still need to sell a few vehicles, dealers likely give deals to cash buyers because there won’t be any hiccup financially (bad credit, too high interest, etc), which likely kills the deal.
That’s just my speculation based on what my Toyota friend told me. I don’t know if that’s the case how I got it at MSRP.
That’s exactly how I got my CTR at MSRP. Was priced at $10,000 over and I offered straight MSRP on the right day that they needed to make their quota. They sold it to me for MSRP, patients & persistence pays off…

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
Timing, supply & demand. I got my 2019 in April 2020. Add covid having just started in to the mix and I jumped at their throat like a tiger looking for the kill. $35,999. $33,499 after trade in. This was at a dealer 10 miles from my house. Drove it out of showroom myself with 8 miles on it.

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That’s exactly how I got my CTR at MSRP. Was priced at $10,000 over and I offered straight MSRP on the right day that they needed to make their quota. They sold it to me for MSRP, patients & persistence pays off…
Yeah! Congrats! This car worth every penny at MSRP! Can’t find a better economy performance cars better than this priced less than $40,000.

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Timing, supply & demand. I got my 2019 in April 2020. Add covid having just started in to the mix and I jumped at their throat like a tiger looking for the kill. $35,999. $33,499 after trade in. This was at a dealer 10 miles from my house. Drove it out of showroom myself with 8 miles on it.
That was a steal! Nice to hear you got a such good deal.

vtecrawr

First Name
Truong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 CRX
Country flag
If you are still in the market, I know a few dealers will do $500-1000 over sticker, but I believe you can talk them down to MSRP.
Looking for a white or a red one, let me know which dealers at around msrp.

RTC975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Type-R
Country flag
That was a steal! Nice to hear you got a such good deal.
Thanks. Great car. Watch the valve cover gasket on the back side of the engine. They can leak. Other than that, zero issues.

Dealer has reached out trying to buy it back. Stupid $ offers. I’ll never sell it.

Also, get ready for stupid amounts of attention. Most of it’s great but there’s a ton of f’n morons out there who will annoy the piss out of you. It can get old at times.

Fenrir07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm assuming sales quotas are usually needed to be met at the end of the month or Quarter?

OP
OP
nicky8668

nicky8668

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks. Great car. Watch the valve cover gasket on the back side of the engine. They can leak. Other than that, zero issues.

Dealer has reached out trying to buy it back. Stupid $ offers. I’ll never sell it.

Also, get ready for stupid amounts of attention. Most of it’s great but there’s a ton of f’n morons out there who will annoy the piss out of you. It can get old at times.
Indeed. There was a slingshot try to get me race him. Nah, still breaking in.
Sponsored