Benzao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 1.5
Country flag
Same way you would any other. Just use this app though to extract the apk:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui

Check the XDA thread. There's a way to install the maps on to a usb storage, this is really the only way.
The Torque Pro is on my smartphone. Does the apk extractor have to be on my smartphone as well?
I will also need to connect a notebook by USB cable to my headunit along with the ADB program? Thanks for replying, but it's still confusing for me. You have the links that I can check / study. I need to do the same, you did.

puffinfresh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 10th Gen Civic RS
Can confirm that the passcord does not work on my 2016 OZ sedan too.
The passcord works on my 2016 Australian sedan. The order shown in the image on the XDA thread is different to the one written in the text (1, 3, 4, 2 vs 1, 4, 2, 3). The former worked for me. I can adb to the unit and get root shell, but I'm getting the bootloop issue when running the nefarious script. It doesn't like the mount command.

Last edited:

iLLNESS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 EG k20a2, 2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
The passcord works on my 2016 Australian sedan. The order shown in the image on the XDA thread is different to the one written in the text (1, 3, 4, 2 vs 1, 4, 2, 3). The former worked for me. I can adb to the unit and get root sheet, but I'm getting the bootloop issue when running the nefarious script. It doesn't like the mount command.
Welcome to the club.

Reports are that you can keep trying over and over and it may eventually work, but I gave up after about an hour (20 or so tries).

If you setup persistent adb over tcp/ip it helps make things easier (can just turn the car on and connect to wifi and sit in your house running the commands. the boot loop isn't permanent it will do a hard reboot after about 10 screen loops).

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
So I got Sygic installed (and looks like it's working), however one thing I can't figure out is the storage space.
Does anyone else get only shy of a gig? I have 0.9GB of total storage (Android settings report 2.3GB), but Sygic only sees the 0.9GB. Canada's maps are a good 600MB, and that fills up my storage, leaving me with only 300MB for select USA Maps.
I also can't seem to change the storage device, so I dont think that the HU likes to allow access to a USB device as an SD card of sorts. I did read that the Android HU has a SD card on the back for it - Honda uses it as map storage for official maps, it's not populated on trims below Touring.

Ideas about the 0.9GB total accessable app storage?

Thanks!
Hi, are you able to put a usb stick into the slot in the center console and does the sygic recognize it?

caluin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civc Ex
So I got Sygic installed (and looks like it's working), however one thing I can't figure out is the storage space.
Does anyone else get only shy of a gig? I have 0.9GB of total storage (Android settings report 2.3GB), but Sygic only sees the 0.9GB. Canada's maps are a good 600MB, and that fills up my storage, leaving me with only 300MB for select USA Maps.
I also can't seem to change the storage device, so I dont think that the HU likes to allow access to a USB device as an SD card of sorts. I did read that the Android HU has a SD card on the back for it - Honda uses it as map storage for official maps, it's not populated on trims below Touring.

Ideas about the 0.9GB total accessable app storage?

Thanks!
also is the sygic app coming from google store directly?

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Be careful with this (as it's somewhat of a security hole...although it's unlikely anyone would be able to take advantage of it unless you connected the car to a public open wifi hotspot)... but if you want to be able to get adb at any time without having to hook up a cable you could do this:

As root run :
setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
You can use easy ADB app to create access list

Benzao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring 1.5
Country flag
That’s what I did. Bought it in App Store and pulled it off the device with ADB
I wonder how exactly you did it. Do you have the steps? Please.
is there any video / tutorial I could follow?

Dan0974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 2009 Civic Si, 2017 ABM Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder how exactly you did it. Do you have the steps? Please.
is there any video / tutorial I could follow?
I purchased the app on another device that had google play store on it and then used ADB to connect to that device and used the ADB pull command to pull the app from the device’s app folder to my local machine and installed it to my unit from there. It’s similar to how you pull down the whitelist. Just not sure the exact folder location, it may be /data/app/org.prowl.torque.apk or /data/apps/org.prowl.torque.apk
Sponsored