paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag
Is the non navi screen actually different from the navi infotainment screen? I'm looking at replacements for my navi screen and the nons are way cheaper and seem like the same size. Is all the radio portions and info stored in the headunit behind it?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Is the non navi screen actually different from the navi infotainment screen? I'm looking at replacements for my navi screen and the nons are way cheaper and seem like the same size. Is all the radio portions and info stored in the headunit behind it?
Where are you looking? The parts catalog I just checked had same part for both our '16 Touring Sedan and for a '16 EX Sedan. http://hondapartsnetwork.com/part/9709164/Honda-Part-39710-TBA-305-Center-Display-Assembly-Coo-Lg

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Looked up 39710-TBA-A11; says replaced by 39710-TBA-305.

Back to your original question: is it the same screen navi/not navi. They are the same for the model combinations I tested. YMMV for a different pair of model combinations.

paikman

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F80 M3, 1993 240sx
Country flag
Looked up 39710-TBA-A11; says replaced by 39710-TBA-305.

Back to your original question: is it the same screen navi/not navi. They are the same for the model combinations I tested. YMMV for a different pair of model combinations.
Yeah I found a new LG a11 screen for $170 and will be trying it on my '18 Type R.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I found a new LG a11 screen for $170 and will be trying it on my '18 Type R.
Uh, OK. Kinda wondering why you'd be paying to put an obsolete part on a car that should still be under warranty. Must make sense somehow.

sawixso81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SI
Country flag
How goes it all new here but not to the civic my 3rd si the 2018 man and I love it but any who check this out

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78904652&postcount=2383

I would post pics but for some reason it is telling me my jpeg arent valid but any who, yes we can have navi on non navi models,but here is the kicker not sure how to get the maps unlocked, I have modified a couple of the apks to allow reading the Garmin folder from the usbdrive 2, and I have cracked open the head-unit but not taken each board out to verify if there is an sdcard pinout this is my part number to my head unit 39101-tbf-a62-m1.

The navi does work the only maps I can get to show up are the demographic map and the preloaded point of interest so there is some hope I guess, so if anyone is knowledgeable in android and smali coding hit me up

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
Seems like it would be a lot easier to just install Honda Hack and use Waze or Google Maps.

sawixso81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CIVIC SI
Country flag
Seems like it would be a lot easier to just install Honda Hack and use Waze or Google Maps.
Yes but I'm a person of integration lol and I like to tinker,and besides my opinion I think Waze and maps run super slow and laggy even with my system mods I have

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
How goes it all new here but not to the civic my 3rd si the 2018 man and I love it but any who check this out

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78904652&postcount=2383

I would post pics but for some reason it is telling me my jpeg arent valid but any who, yes we can have navi on non navi models,but here is the kicker not sure how to get the maps unlocked, I have modified a couple of the apks to allow reading the Garmin folder from the usbdrive 2, and I have cracked open the head-unit but not taken each board out to verify if there is an sdcard pinout this is my part number to my head unit 39101-tbf-a62-m1.

The navi does work the only maps I can get to show up are the demographic map and the preloaded point of interest so there is some hope I guess, so if anyone is knowledgeable in android and smali coding hit me up
Please keep us updated here. I hope you can get this figured out. Google maps is super laggy when using Android auto.

jdm_94

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type R & 14 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes but I'm a person of integration lol and I like to tinker,and besides my opinion I think Waze and maps run super slow and laggy even with my system mods I have
Any update on this??!! Do you have the Navi antenna in your Si already?

Last edited:

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Honda Civic Garmin Navigation .

This is very much something that you think you want when you do not have it, but if you do get it, you wonder why you ever really wanted it, because it is so Primitive & Basic, compared to apps like Google maps or Wares .
You are much better off using Android Auto and running the APP on your much more powerful smartphone.

Having a Garmin enabled Head unit does give you some additional Voice Commands to control your car, but the voice recognition is poor, as it is your Headunit app processing your voice, and not the Google Computer center.

BTW: The Screens in the Nav and Non-Nav units are the same, it just the Head Unit that is different.

crash613

First Name
Michael Smith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Honda Civic Garmin Navigation .

BTW: The Screens in the Nav and Non-Nav units are the same, it just the Head Unit that is different.
with that said, if i have a non nav unit with a cracked screen am i able to buy a navi one on ebay and exchange it? Would i exchange the entire unit or somehow take the screen off the head unit? It seems there are no non navi ones on ebay atm... at least not with my model number.

i have 39101 TBA a21 m1. I just want a working screen. don't care about navi... i don't have the shark fin anyway.

I have noticed that most the ones for sale on ebay with similar model numbers have an extra input on the rear of the unit. Presumably for the GPS. the 39101 TBA a21 m1 does not have this extra plug.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
with that said, if i have a non nav unit with a cracked screen am i able to buy a navi one on ebay and exchange it? Would i exchange the entire unit or somehow take the screen off the head unit? It seems there are no non navi ones on ebay atm... at least not with my model number.

i have 39101 TBA a21 m1. I just want a working screen. don't care about navi... i don't have the shark fin anyway.

I have noticed that most the ones for sale on ebay with similar model numbers have an extra input on the rear of the unit. Presumably for the GPS. the 39101 TBA a21 m1 does not have this extra plug.
Yes, if you have a broken "SCREEN", it comes off the main "Head Unit Electronics box", so you only need a new screen.

The screens are made by LG, and I got one on Ebay about 6 months ago, Was BRAND NEW .. no scratches-- still had the LG protective film on it. $169

I see one USED one on Ebay at the moment for $244 ( way too much !!_)
Sponsored