Navi on Non-Navi model, Is it possible?

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
@ikevinc @Anekin007
would SOP android vulnerability with java script to godless malware on any JavaScript or redirect to URL works? i tried SOP in the car and i think it works
I'm not that expert in these things
thanks
Sponsored

charlesrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.charlesrocketphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
so far I got
1- BeEF browser get connected and can do couple things
2- enable debug mode in the browser and browse files but looks couple folders have different permissions
3- device has ADB application under system/app
4- if you install what ever packages in the system it will fail but you will see them in the download tab under setting application and you can stop couple of them also I figured if I installed like the browser and then reboot the system the browser icon disappeared and I think it is not installed so uninstall browser from the downloaded tab under setting/app will restore it
5- install white list app and reboot will give me empty app list in the app installer in the main menu
6 EXTREME CAUTION with using those installations as couple time my buttons wont work and even I cannot access the hidden menu
7- tried couple exploit on the browser but no luck so far and cannot install APP yet
8- I think it kind of good process but I don't know if it will stop here I'm just a step away?
if you want to root the system, you need to get access to QNX plist. head unit is just the container for CarPlay/Android

charlesrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Thanks will check that also are you sure AA uses QNX?
I didn't check the service usb to confirm, already experiencing weird hiccups in the system after sneaking around the menus. and there is no other platform - Google's Open Automotive Alliance is built around QNX. plus the warranty is not worth it - what apps will you install after getting the root? snake from first Nexus?) QNX itself is closed platform for a reason - you don't want drivers to mess around the system that controls their airbags...

I thought that if its not QNX than some development from Nvidia with something like Jetson TK1. but more accurate research will confirm that all Nvidia auto chips also run QNX

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
even if somebody will write the custom shell for the car, I wouldn't handle my brakes and airbags control to some DIY code.
Actually just looking for couple app and I hate when I cannot do anything Android auto suck only music and map .... Hope can get couple app like Waze or maybe a music app with lyrics ....
You know you cannot even dial any number when you drive like 1mph and Honda voice recognition so sucks.
I managed to bypass dial numbers when driving though.

charlesrocket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback EX
Actually just looking for couple app and I hate when I cannot do anything Android auto suck only music and map .... Hope can get couple app like Waze or maybe a music app with lyrics ....
You know you cannot even dial any number when you drive like 1mph and Honda voice recognition so sucks.
I managed to bypass dial numbers when driving though.
I never used Android, they literally cutting debug budget for the office supplies :) I noticed people complaining about CarPlay as well, but in that case its most likely just the device that needs cleaning. If you run a bunch of apps in the background and your iphone is out of space - expect some glitches since CarPlay runs from your phone, not from the car's unit

Last edited:

aaabro2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 LX
Country flag

mikealanni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
I got calculator for 4.2.2 android and the APP installer install button came as enabled and I clicked on it then the installation failed with error different signature. thought might install another setting.apk whith enabled developer setting but it fail too

any one tried bluetooth keyboard and try to type the radio unlock code when it asks for passcord?

bhorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic EX HS Sedan
Country flag
I got calculator for 4.2.2 android and the APP installer install button came as enabled and I clicked on it then the installation failed with error different signature. thought might install another setting.apk whith enabled developer setting but it fail too

any one tried bluetooth keyboard and try to type the radio unlock code when it asks for passcord?
I've tried a BT keyboard and a USB keyboard, neither worked. But a USB mouse did work!
Sponsored