Fair Price for 2020 Si?

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Here in new Jersey. The 2020 si at the is priced at $25,950 that's not including all of nj crazy fees and tax
There is no way anyone should be paying sticker for these cars. The discounts are out there, you just have to be persistent.
Sponsored

Fredline

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
Last I checked there were maybe 1 or 2 - 2020 Si Sedans within 75 miles of Seattle(much less in Rallye Red).
And there were no 2019's left...so my negotiating power right now would be 0%.

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, 23.5K OTD is smoking deal. I bought mine 2018 SI for 24.5k OTD (same as MSRP) in SoCal which has around 9% tax. So 23.5k OTD may be possible.
About financing vs cash.. If financing gives you better deal, I think you can go with that and pay off (if you can) right away. Not so sure but I don't think there is penalty for pre-pay or early pay off. Good luck and keep us posted.
Yes, and dealers hate those early prepays - especially if it is just a few months after you purchased. They have recapture provisions where they have to give back their upfront earnings on the loan.
I did this once years ago -paid off the loan shortly after I bought a 2002 MR2-S - and they begged me to at least make 6 months of payments before paying it off. I sympathize - I do mortgages for a living, and we have some nasty
recapture provisions that hit us if loans pay off too soon - but I still paid it off.

Meanwhile, $ 25 K OTD would still be an excellent price.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
Last I checked there were maybe 1 or 2 - 2020 Si Sedans within 75 miles of Seattle(much less in Rallye Red).
And there were no 2019's left...so my negotiating power right now would be 0%.
Not true, just email them and ask them what they can do for a price. Let them know you are ready to buy and can come down ASAP to complete the purchase. I ordered my 2020 in the color I wanted the day they were available to be ordered and got mine for $23,665 when they still had a 2019 on the lot. It took a couple months to arrive, but I got it. You gotta find a dealer that is willing to give you a deal and make a sale. Just ask them all.

stingray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
I plan to buy a 2020 si in Alabama. Did anyone buy the newest Si recently?

I saw from cars.com, the lowest price nationwide is slightly above 23K. I'm thinking maybe 23.3K or 23.5K OTD.

What do you guys think is the fair offer for 2020 si?
Well, I got my 2019 Si for 3 thousand under sticker. Don’t t pay more than that

Fredline

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mazda Miata MX-5
Country flag
Well, I got my 2019 Si for 3 thousand under sticker. Don’t t pay more than that
Not sure that's a fair comparison as there is more motivation for the dealer to sell any 2019's left this late in the season versus a new 2020.

slab42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Si Sedan
Country flag
OTD price is worthless since you're comparing apples to oranges. what someone paid for a car after taxes and fees shouldn't be compared to what you paid after taxes and fees in your state unless you are in the same state. Price for the car before the government steps in is comparing apples to apples. The only other thing to factor in would be if there is any dealer markup or bogus fees.

DieNasti

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
I'm currently starting the search and dancing game with the dealers although I think its too early. I have a leased Accord that I have 5 month left on. One possible scenario is selling the vehicle but as it stands I would probably be at around 2k negative equity. I'd rather wait than roll that over to a deal. Is 5 months too early?

I too am employing the do everything through email strategy and so far got a 27,800 OTD. 24,820 the actual price of the vehicle. LOL. I really would love to get this vehicle at 24.5K OTD, 25K being the highest. That should leave the car at 23K-ish, that should be reasonable right?

EDIT:

Sorry, I have another question. This is my first time really trying to fight for a deal and doing this dreaded car buying thing. Would it be a good or bad idea to let the salesmen I am communicating through email with about my current lease. Is that something that they might be able to help with to get the deal. Like buying the lease out at the payoff amount knowing that it might be the only thing standing in the way of me buying the Si.

Last edited:

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm currently starting the search and dancing game with the dealers although I think its too early. I have a leased Accord that I have 5 month left on. One possible scenario is selling the vehicle but as it stands I would probably be at around 2k negative equity. I'd rather wait than roll that over to a deal. Is 5 months too early?

I too am employing the do everything through email strategy and so far got a 27,800 OTD. 24,820 the actual price of the vehicle. LOL. I really would love to get this vehicle at 24.5K OTD, 25K being the highest. That should leave the car at 23K-ish, that should be reasonable right?

EDIT:

Sorry, I have another question. This is my first time really trying to fight for a deal and doing this dreaded car buying thing. Would it be a good or bad idea to let the salesmen I am communicating through email with about my current lease. Is that something that they might be able to help with to get the deal. Like buying the lease out at the payoff amount knowing that it might be the only thing standing in the way of me buying the Si.
25k OTD seems to be the sweet spot. With you being in Florida, I would think that should be totally doable. Keep searching and good luck!

dw1284

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Part of this depends on the area you are in. When I was negotiating for my 2019 SI, the local dealers weren’t willing to budge from MSRP, and one of them even claimed they usually sell above MSRP. SIs were few and far between in my state. I think my local dealers had one each. They sell quickly and there was little incentive to lower the price.

I checked with some of the surrounding states and those dealers were much more willing to make a deal. I tried to price match with the local dealers and they weren’t able to match it or even come close, so I drove 3 hours to pick mine up.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you really want to get bent over, go buy one from Huggins Honda :slap:

Honda Civic 10th gen Fair Price for 2020 Si? V4BTxFMl

OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag

EDIT:

Hi Jon, I'm trying to get the car at 23.5 OTD, which will leave the car about 22.5K in AL. The lowest quotes I got so far is 23,230 for the car. I'm planing to make the purchase in mid Dec, I will keep you posted. Also, you can try using the Costco auto program, it should be much more straightforward.

OP
OP
Jason_S

Jason_S

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T sport
Country flag
I usually don't buy new, I let someone depreciate the car for me, but in the case when I do buy new (when i bought my 2018 Si), I go thru the Costco auto program, and I only went to the dealership to test drive, and I only negotiate thru email. The advantage of the Costco auto program is that dealers give you an upfront price negotiated thru the Costco program and are not allowed to put pressure on you. The original offer was $22,400 thru the Costco auto program, I ended up getting the car for $22K, not including tax and license. 100 percent negotiated thru email. I always tell dealers up front if they put any pressure, I walk out
Hi amirza786, I have one more question regarding Costco program. You mentioned that after you had received the $22,400 Costco offer, you further negotiated the price to $22K.
However, my local dealer told me that there is no room for further negotiation on the Costco offer.
So how did you make the further negotiation? What if the costco offer still doesn't meet my ideal price?
Thx.
Sponsored