Janssen098

First Name
Janssen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si
Country flag
How do you like it? I'm planing to install competition clutch stage 2, kzCMC and PRL clutch line.
Not installed yet so can’t give any reviews of the few shops I’m leaning towards none of them have availability until the beginning of the year. I don’t have the kzcmc he has been sold out for awhile or maybe I’m just unlucky when I check so I will wait until after I break the new clutch in and push it to see how bad the lockout situation is on this clutch. I am also getting the prl clutch line installed didn’t even think about that.
Sponsored

Reactions: DmK

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How do you like it? I'm planing to install competition clutch stage 2, kzCMC and PRL clutch line.
I'll update with my experiences soon. Getting those same mods installed Wednesday.

Reactions: DmK

DmK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Not installed yet so can’t give any reviews of the few shops I’m leaning towards none of them have availability until the beginning of the year. I don’t have the kzcmc he has been sold out for awhile or maybe I’m just unlucky when I check so I will wait until after I break the new clutch in and push it to see how bad the lockout situation is on this clutch. I am also getting the prl clutch line installed didn’t even think about that.
He still sells them, i was lucky enough to order it week ago. Usually they all gone within an hour.

Static_Awesome

IG:Static.Awesome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I was lucky, I had a mechanic that actually lined up the bolts to the wear marks when reconnecting the subframe, and my alignment was perfect without redoing it!

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I say do the swap yourself.. buy the tools that you need and could then use regularly, gain the experience, help out friends or others with their swaps/mods (for cash), and save about $700.. If one can change out the shock absorber springs then you can do a clutch swap and vice versa (not saying you have, but super easy is my point).. it's intimidating, but I assure you it's easy. Just take some pics before you start, watch some YouTube videos, grab some beers, a buddy, and start unbolting shit.. bingo bango.. done!

Btw.. Fyi.. I accept no responsibility for your actions or if you screw things up! lol

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I say do the swap yourself.. buy the tools that you need and could then use regularly, gain the experience, help out friends or others with their swaps/mods (for cash), and save about $700.. If one can change out the shock absorber springs then you can do a clutch swap and vice versa (not saying you have, but super easy is my point).. it's intimidating, but I assure you it's easy. Just take some pics before you start, watch some YouTube videos, grab some beers, a buddy, and start unbolting shit.. bingo bango.. done!

Btw.. Fyi.. I accept no responsibility for your actions or if you screw things up! lol
Mechanically speaking maybe one wouldn't find it that difficult but there's a huge difference logistically between changing a shock and dropping the subframe, axles, and transmission. I know I COULD do a clutch job but in my dark underground parking garage... it just doesn't make sense.

Also...I'd need friends :p

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Mechanically speaking maybe one wouldn't find it that difficult but there's a huge difference logistically between changing a shock and dropping the subframe, axles, and transmission. I know I COULD do a clutch job but in my dark underground parking garage... it just doesn't make sense.

Also...I'd need friends :p
I hear ya man.. that is what flood lights, couple of jacks and tall jack stands are for.. all of which are wayyyy cheaper than the price to have someone else do it.. as for the friends part.. idk what to tell you.. lol.

To remove the shocks you have to remove most of what you would to get the subframe out.. that's the point I was making with that. Trust that I was very intimidated by doing stuff like this, but after the first time.. the lessons learned and money saved was worth more than the happiness I got from just dropping it off and having someone else do it.. blood, sweat, and tears made it my car.. not money. To each their own..

Last edited:

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2019, Civic Touring Coupe 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recently got the CTR retro in from Eman with his CMC and I paid $500 from an Indy shop my friend runs, took him 3 days working on and off but I had another car to use and I’d rather it be done right.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

If I had a garage and a lift, then maybe I'd invest in buying tools to do the job! I did my other bolt-ons myself, but I'd leave dropping the subframe to someone experienced!

Recently got the CTR retro in from Eman with his CMC and I paid $500 from an Indy shop my friend runs, took him 3 days working on and off but I had another car to use and I’d rather it be done right.
How are you liking the clutch, SMF and kzCMC so far? And did you do the CDV delete?

I didn't check out any indy shops yet, but luckily found a local Honda tech who does side work at the shop after-hours. He's done a few retrofit clutch installs and installed @vandalSI retrofit clutch!

BruisedAvocado

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic si FBO,27won turbo, e85, and E-Tuned by DRob
Country flag
Damn I got mine and installed for $1900 from E-man himself lol

Smurf.Fc3

BlueBeetle Si
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shimagery.com
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Coupe 2019, Civic Touring Coupe 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If I had a garage and a lift, then maybe I'd invest in buying tools to do the job! I did my other bolt-ons myself, but I'd leave dropping the subframe to someone experienced!

How are you liking the clutch, SMF and kzCMC so far? And did you do the CDV delete?

I didn't check out any indy shops yet, but luckily found a local Honda tech who does side work at the shop after-hours. He's done a few retrofit clutch installs and installed @vandalSI retrofit clutch!
I’m absolutely loving the new clutch, not sure how big of a difference the CMC is makin since it was swapped out at the same time. No CDV delete on mine.
the clutch is heavier but not overbearing, just feels “right” like how I expect my car to feel after modifying it for more power and needing a clutch that will hold it. There’s no chatter, no issues with engagement, it grabs nice and low. It’s made driving my car so much fun again, no more slippage, and holds all the power from OTS tunes with no issues, making almost 27psi with FBO and the clutch pulls the car like a dream. I would highly recommend it if you have the cash.

numbakrunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIvic Si
Country flag
I got a shop near me that quoted me $500. I ended it up doing it myself on my garage floor. It wasn't easy, but not very hard either. It was my first clutch job too.

OP
OP
arpypat

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I got a shop near me that quoted me $500. I ended it up doing it myself on my garage floor. It wasn't easy, but not very hard either. It was my first clutch job too.
$500 is pretty good for such a labor intensive job, but good on you for doing it yourself!

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
There’s a shop near where I live that specializes in Acura’s and Honda’s and they were able to install my ACT clutch and prl SS braided clutch line for $600. Took them a little less than 4 hours and everything has been great so far. Getting ready to go back to them for the kzCMC and eibach lowering springs install.
Sponsored