EX-L vs Touring

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
... and another big question for me, Are the headlights on the EXL not halogen!? i assumed they were atleast that. heck , even my Fusion SE has Halogen headlights. let me know please.

Thanks again!
Well... if the Touring has LED's that other trims don't have what did you expect them to be? HIDs? ha ha ha.... Jesus Christ...
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
I bought my Touring for the LED headlights and the Stereo. No comparison in the stereo in the lower trims!
I spend 70 miles a day in my car or more, so a great sound system was very important to me.
Though I do wish the driving lights in the bumper were also LED, going to have to look into finding a replacement for those bulbs, to me it looks dumb

JBD319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Honda Sensing suite alone adds $1,000 to the price of any trim. Once you add the built in garmin Nav (which rocks) in the Touring to that, that almost makes up the cost difference of the EX-L to the Touring by itself. When you add the heated rear seats, LED headlights (SO nice, costly but should last as long as i'll have the car and then some), 10 speaker 450 watt sound system, rain sensing wipers, power passenger seat, and awesome wheels to me it was a no-brainer to get the Touring. The built in turn signals in the mirrors with a chrome accent also looks very nice and upscale.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those are the fog lights. Yes they can be replaced. There are several threads discussing replacement bulbs. :)
I ordered the LED's to change the driving lights over, hoping to convince the dealership to install them for me next week

deevel79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord Sport
I really like the rims on the touring model. They look WAY better than the cheap looking wheels on the ex-t. I think I've made up my mind and will go with the EX model and swap out the wheels for the touring wheels come spring/summer time.

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted the sensing and the nav so it was easy to choose the Touring. Even sticker price was cheaper than I was planning to pay for an accord not as fully equipped. Got almost 1000 miles on it now and totally happy. Low speed follow in Los Angeles traffic is awesome. The features go on and on.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
By low speed follow, you mean the adaptive cruise?

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. The ACC has low speed follow. Not just a touring thing but it's very, very cool.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes. The ACC has low speed follow. Not just a touring thing but it's very, very cool.
Interesting I have a Touring and wasn't aware of it. Can you tell me how it works? How to activate it?

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Strongly suggest reading the owner's manual. P.416 is where coverage of ACC and LSF begins.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Strongly suggest reading the owner's manual. P.416 is where coverage of ACC and LSF begins.
Im guessing you mean on the CD that came with the car? I have not had time to look at that yet

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The car has a lot of tech to it and I agree with reading the owners manual. The 90 minutes is essential reading to get the most out of it.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The car has a lot of tech to it and I agree with reading the owners manual. The 90 minutes is essential reading to get the most out of it.
I plan to, but I work 2 jobs, go to college full time, and I just had surgery last week so it has not been a high priority.
Sponsored