OP
StormX2

StormX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic LX, 2012 Civic LX, 2018 Civic LX CVT
Country flag
Ah you are right, I made assumption about the Trans being similar to what Acura had recently been doing.

I am confused about one thing, why would the 19" wheels make the car louder inside?

Personally i am used to driving the 98 Civic LX and the 2013 LX, all bone stock, with normal everyday wheels. This Accord cant possibly have louder road noise than those??

I know, the Manuals are nice but my driving just does not really fit that. Plus when I drive to work I drink coffee and eat food every single time. My left leg is not so happy these days and I fear my ability to accurately use the clutch. So long story, I will never own a Manual unless it were some weekend Drag car.

The EPA rating on the Accord is pretty low, but lets face it, just having access to the gears being able to pick and choose what RPM I glide down the highway in, will guaranteed make up for the moments where I pretend to be Speed Racer.

I like the idea of paddle Shift on the CVT, lord knows I think the car is far too boring without it (My Wifes 2018 is just the standard CVT model) but I will say it is a CHAMP t engine braking and using "Low Gear" to climb the hills.

However when I test drove the 2.0T it was a 19 EX-L, it effortlessly climbs, and seems like it will happily chirp those tires in any gear.

Seems like I am fairly certain that I will look to buy a lightly used 18 or 19 as soon as I can. Though I seriously might look into installing a Physical E Brake as if I were a Drag/Drift Car (int he future of course).
Sponsored

OP
OP
StormX2

StormX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Poll closed - thank you everyone that gave feedback.

If I do buy this car, i think I may decide to ditch the 19 inch rims. Let me know if anyone has any input on that idea.

OP
OP
StormX2

StormX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
i am going to run my heat cycled 255/35 RE71Rs from my18 NC1 fronts to replace the oe 235s.
after those are need to be replaced, i plan to run my03 18x9.5+50 GC07Js with 255/45 DWS06s.
Woo Not gonna lie, didn't understand any of that!

I am thinking that I need normal 17 inch, there are too many miles in my day and plenty of potholes to deal with.

bouford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 AP1/18 FK8/19 CV2
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Woo Not gonna lie, didn't understand any of that!

I am thinking that I need normal 17 inch, there are too many miles in my day and plenty of potholes to deal with.
:D here is a pic of the 19" wheel/tire combo from my18 fk8.
the RE71Rs have over 100+ autox runs on them but they have plenty life left for daily driving.
20180722_140721_HDR.jpg

i did see other cv2 owners go to 17s for daily use. i plan to run 17s for drags if we ever gets a venue :)

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
There’s a British guy on youtube who just tests tires. The channel is calle “Tyre Reviews” His videos will tell you all about pros and cons of 16” thru 20” rims and tires, as well as width differences. Basically there is no perfect setup, it’s just what your preferences are in a car.

Some people want a tight handling and responsive sporty feel with 0 slop. Others want a sofa on wheels and feel absolutely nothing. Some people refuse to learn anything about tires or wheels and just buy the cheapest set they can find. It’s interesting stuff. Tire rack has great research and diagrams illustrating the strengths and weaknesses of different tire brands and categories. It’s eye opening stuff.
Sponsored