EX-L vs Touring

BarryH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2012 Odyssey
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be a Honda salesman here But the Honda site has a dozen or so 1-2 minute videos going over a lot of this stuff. Just pick the ones you want to learn about and then read the manual when you can. Hope your surgery was successful RedTouringMA and you heal soon.
Sponsored

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to be a Honda salesman here But the Honda site has a dozen or so 1-2 minute videos going over a lot of this stuff. Just pick the ones you want to learn about and then read the manual when you can. Hope your surgery was successful RedTouringMA and you heal soon.
Oh wow thank you! Very helpful :)
Surgery was a success, it will take a bit before I'm back on my feet fully though.
Thank you :)

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Im guessing you mean on the CD that came with the car? I have not had time to look at that yet
Yeah, 580+ pages is crazy for anyone. There is a Cliff Notes version of ACC+LSF on pages 102 and 103 of the Owner's Guide as well. (My understanding is that they are still providing that in hard copy.) You can also download the OM from Honda. That avoids having to mess with the CD. Encouraged by @BarryH, I did find a short form PDF on ACC+LSF as well. Didn't see a video for this feature. Good luck!

JBD319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The low speed follow function is pretty straight forward. On other Honda's, the ACC only works above 45 mph and will only reduce throttle in combination with very light braking to keep a set following distance.

Low Speed Follow will actually apply full braking power, and will bring you to a stop if traffic slows down that far. The ACC light on the dash will then say "stopped" instead of your set speed. Once traffic moves again, you simply tap the gas like when you release the auto brake hold, and the car will then accelerate to its set speed, or whatever speed traffic is moving to maintain the proper distance.

I tested it out, it works very well. I always end up hovering over the brake though because it's eery to let the car do this on it's own haha.

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
I would just go with the touring if you can. I'm having a bit of buyers remorse with my EX-L. I kind of wish I pushed for the touring instead. My EX-L doesn't have nav or sensing, to my knowledge. Does anyone know if this is a thing? From what I read on here it seems like it has either one or the other.

WhatTheFun

Knows some stuff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would just go with the touring if you can. I'm having a bit of buyers remorse with my EX-L. I kind of wish I pushed for the touring instead. My EX-L doesn't have nav or sensing, to my knowledge. Does anyone know if this is a thing? From what I read on here it seems like it has either one or the other.
There are 3 ways you can get an EX-L

Regular
With Nav
With Honda sensing

You probably don't have either option

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It can have navi and sensing. The touring has both

JBD319

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
It can have navi and sensing. The touring has both
This is incorrect. You can only order it with one or the other. Every single Honda model is this way. Of all the vehicles that Honda Sensing is available a la carte (excluding the CR-V, which only has it available on the Touring), which is Civic, Accord, and Pilot, the EX-L can only be ordered with one option. Sensing, Nav, or in the Pilot with RES (rear entertainment system). The whole point of the Touring trim is for people who want them all (or both).

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is incorrect. You can only order it with one or the other. Every single Honda model is this way. Of all the vehicles that Honda Sensing is available a la carte (excluding the CR-V, which only has it available on the Touring), which is Civic, Accord, and Pilot, the EX-L can only be ordered with one option. Sensing, Nav, or in the Pilot with RES (rear entertainment system). The whole point of the Touring trim is for people who want them all (or both).
Typo I meant to write or lol

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
So theoretically I should have one of these features....I definitely don't have navigation, because it doesnt show up in the menu. What do I do?!?!

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So theoretically I should have one of these features....I definitely don't have navigation, because it doesnt show up in the menu. What do I do?!?!
No, you can get it with out either one, or with one of the other two options

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
No, theoretically you can have neither Navi or Sensing in an EX-L. There are three versions of EX-L: EX-L, EX-L+Navi, EX-L+Sensing. Does your steering wheel, right side, have an LKAS button? Did your sticker end at $24,535 or $25,535? Did it say Sensing on it?

OP
OP
civicryan

civicryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus ST . 2015 Honda CRV EX
Interesting to hear about the remorse. so mainly because sensing and nav? anything else.

I plan on getting an EX-L w/ sensing. dont need nav. will use android google maps.

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you have not put a lot of miles on yet, or owned it long, you could try going back to your dealership and asking if they'd be willing to let you get a different model. Worse they can say is no? I did it once when I bought an Accord Sedan, after 3 days I didnt like it as much as I thought and I took it back and got a CRV instead.
Sponsored