Eventuri intake work on fk8

RedFK8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' CTR
Country flag
I think imma have to start saving for one. They’re gonna look pretty sweet and if they put down their claimed dyno numbers I think the R&D and materials used to make it will justify the price. Here’s a pic Phil from dream automotive sent me. Eta will be around January or earlier if they can crank them out ahead of schedule.
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri intake work on fk8 90C42F48-C509-4434-8DA5-3571ADFF4B6A
Sponsored

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
Guys, have you seen what Eventuri claims on their FaceBook page?

''
First test of our Prototype FK8 intake system in 3d printed form ............ 23hp with 37ftlb torque! Importantly the gain is across most of the rpm range not just at peak - so on the road this will feel significant! Our system is a sealed airbox which uses the stock entry duct but de-restricts the ambient flow path to saturate the filter which is connected to a separate Venturi tube with integrated MAF sensor mount. All parts will be prepreg carbon fibre in production.

Remember - we dyno test all our systems with the HOOD CLOSED! An open cone intake with the bonnet open is NOT representative of what happens on the road with the hood closed.

VBox acceleration times and further details to come!!''

23 hp and 37ft lb (50Nm) ??!!?? This is unreal! Way too good to be true with just a better intake! Am I missing something?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
maybe if you compare a heat soaked stock intake run to a non heat soaked eventuri run.

Not saying they are lying but you have to take those numbers with a grain of salt especially when they only show you one run and not a plot of all their runs they did.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For a nub that abstains from FB & IG, any notice of a pre-production sale or maybe Eventuri does not play this game?

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
maybe if you compare a heat soaked stock intake run to a non heat soaked eventuri run.

Not saying they are lying but you have to take those numbers with a grain of salt especially when they only show you one run and not a plot of all their runs they did.
From a company like Eventuri that sells CAI for more than 1000 USD I would expect a different way to promote their products (in a more serious manner)

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
From a company like Eventuri that sells CAI for more than 1000 USD I would expect a different way to promote their products (in a more serious manner)
It's in testing phase... when it's production ready I'm sure they'll change gears. :thumbsup:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
For a nub that abstains from FB & IG, any notice of a pre-production sale or maybe Eventuri does not play this game?
No sale that I know of. You can, however, be added to the pre-order list if you'd like by sending an email.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, I contacted Eventuri about a possible pre-sale and they referred me to the US distributor, IND Distribution. Ryan, from IND e-mailed me and indicated that they are taking $100 refundable deposits for the intake and that it would likely be $100-$200 more than the intake for the FK2, which was $1,070. Looking at $1,200 - $1,300...oi. I'm putting down a deposit anyhow, this is likely too nice to pass up.

slayerworld7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
So, I contacted Eventuri about a possible pre-sale and they referred me to the US distributor, IND Distribution. Ryan, from IND e-mailed me and indicated that they are taking $100 refundable deposits for the intake and that it would likely be $100-$200 more than the intake for the FK2, which was $1,070. Looking at $1,200 - $1,300...oi. I'm putting down a deposit anyhow, this is likely too nice to pass up.
Holy crap that's expensive. Is it really that much better than the alternatives?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy crap that's expensive. Is it really that much better than the alternatives?
It will have really good performance improvements (for an intake), it should sound great & its all carbon. It’s definitely crazy expensive, but I am sure it will be top of the line quality. Certainly other intakes to be had if you’re on a budget, but Eventuri brings the quality.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
It would be nice to compare this Eventuri with stock intake + K&N filter.
Just to know what is restrictive, the OEM intake box or the OEM paper filter.

slayerworld7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
It will have really good performance improvements (for an intake), it should sound great & its all carbon. It’s definitely crazy expensive, but I am sure it will be top of the line quality. Certainly other intakes to be had if you’re on a budget, but Eventuri brings the quality.
Do you have the contact info for the guy that's taking pre-orders?

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag