CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
My bank account hates you right now! lol Any ides what USR will be selling it for?

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri intake priced at $1195 27368248_1805092669560766_5978852069161974590_o

Last edited:

OP
OP
Banshee

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My bank account hates you right now! lol Any ides what USR will be selling it for?
LOL. I am not sure. I think the pricing was announced late this afternoon, so my guess is they probably have an email in their inbox for the morning.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have to say I keep looking at the photos over and over again since I think I am in love.

Very curious how this will perform head to head with the other offerings available. Just my observations looking at the design the main inlet opening has a wider mouth compared to stock and Mishismoto, however looks about the same as Takeda. The Eventuri secondary inlet scoop is a nice design to add additional airflow while also grabbing it lower and away from the engine. Takeda uses a similar concept with an opening on the right side of their box but doesn't utilize an inlet scoop.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Have to say I keep looking at the photos over and over again since I think I am in love.

Very curious how this will perform head to head with the other offerings available. Just my observations looking at the design the main inlet opening has a wider mouth compared to stock and Mishismoto, however looks about the same as Takeda. The Eventuri secondary inlet scoop is a nice design to add additional airflow while also grabbing it lower and away from the engine. Takeda uses a similar concept with an opening on the right side of their box but doesn't utilize an inlet scoop.
I don’t think it will flow much different than its competitors. The size, shape, and the dimensions of an intake are dictated by/restricted in the FK8’s engine bay.

At best this intake can only differentiate itself by the filter’s efficiency and the heat shielding providing lower IATs.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri intake priced at $1195 7E880268-DF5B-4F68-AB71-16CBCBD2FA56

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t think it will flow much different than its competitors. The size, shape, and the dimensions of an intake are dictated by/restricted in the FK8’s engine bay.

At best this intake can only differentiate itself by the filter’s efficiency and the heat shielding providing lower IATs.
Do you happen to have another angle? Want to see what is under the ECU since that seems to be where the second inlet scoop goes.

Last edited:

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
From Eventuri on instagram

We have now extensively tested the system on the dyno and in doing so have updated the design for optimal performance gains.
When the hood is closed, the stock system breathes through 2 places:
1) The opening above the front bumper through a duct
2) The opening through the gap between the hood and the rubber seal

The total cross-sectional areas of these openings are approximately 33cm2 (see photo explaining the FK8 openings). Dyno testing showed that the airflow requirement from the engine was enough to render this total opening a restriction.
During dyno tests we made an opening in the prototype airbox to increase the size of the area through which the filter could draw air from. On the initial dyno run, this extra opening gave an increase in power but after the second run - this extra power quickly reduced as the intake pulled in hot air from the engine bay.
This left us with a challenge - How do we increase the inlet opening without drawing hot air from the engine bay?

Our solution
After extensive development we have designed a scoop which draws air from within the wing area – away from the engine bay heat and importantly – the opening is not in direct path of the radiator fan. This scoop sits underneath the airbox and seals to it with a rubber extrusion. The extra opening in the airbox has an area of approximately 28cm2 which means that the total area for the filter to draw from is now approximately 61cm2 which is an 85% increase compared with stock.
Contact your dealer for pricing. We expect first systems complete by middle March.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Do you happen to have another angle? Want to see what is under the ECU since that seems to be where the second inlet scoop goes.
I flipped back through my social media and this is the closest I could get:

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri intake priced at $1195 ECU

therealdarkknight

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hope more information is released, I’ve had it on pre order since November.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
One of the comments on instagram was asking about CEL. Which they responded it doesn't throw it.

OP
OP
Banshee

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just took this one for you.

Honda Civic 10th gen Eventuri intake priced at $1195 20180201_210228

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just took this one for you.
Thanks for snapping that pic. Looking at it is making me curious where the second inlet will sit. Regardless I am excited and am going to preorder at USR with you banshee.
Sponsored