ECT, IAT, STFT, LTFT, etc...

Enzym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport CVT Polished Metal Metallic
Country flag
Can someone help me please, I want to setup my Tunerview Lite and learn more about normal temperature/data.

I would like to know if what I write is good and know the reasonable limits not to exceed.

ECT : normal -> 80°C (176°F) - limit -> ???

IAT : normal -> ambient temp

K.Cont : normal -> 0.49/0.55 - limit -> ???

STFT : normal -> +-10% - limit -> ???

LTFT : normal -> +-10% - limit -> ???
Sponsored

Last edited:

FC1Dawn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
ECT can fluctuate depending on ambient temperatures. I've personally seen anywhere from 176F to 205F.

IAT1 and IAT2 also fluctuate depending on ambient temperatures. Hot days mean higher IAT temps, even for cold air intakes and upgraded intercoolers.

K.Cont again, fluctuates but 0.49 is considered "baseline" by KTuner. Higher the value, the more timing is being pulled.

For fuel trims: https://www.27won.com/blog/yeah-but-what-are-your-fuel-trims

Consensus for LTFT, if you start seeing anything over/under +-10%, it's time to start looking for potential issues. +-10% is considered within spec. It's better to run rich than to run lean.

OP
OP
Enzym

Enzym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport CVT Polished Metal Metallic
Country flag

panas

First Name
Panos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 sedan, non-Si
Country flag
I'll try and help as well since I have been monitoring those a while now..
ECT : normal -> 80°C (176°F) - limit -> Keep in mind that your radiator's fan by factory, turns on full speed (3rd scale) at 109Celcius. In our Greek hot summer and under load (uphill, traffic) I have seen 110-111C and then the fan drops the temps (I think it goes back to speed 2 at 104C). I have changed that using ktuner and speed 3 intervenes at 106C on mine.

IAT : normal -> You will never see ambient temps. OK maybe in the winter and just for a few minutes after startup. Other than that if your IATs are 4-7C above ambient that is as good as it gets. As soon as you get in traffic though that will change. The BEST I've seen (after the car warms up) is 4C above ambient during winter and 6C during summer.

K.Cont : normal -> 0.49/0.55 - limit -> If you get above ~0.70 then something is going on. MOST of the time that is bad fuel but it could also happen with a lot of pulls back to back in the summer with high temps. Generally you should avoid WOTs when IATs are high (over 40C or more). Also WOTs at higher gears get higher K. con numbers (You should avoid those anyway). Even if your K. con gets high it should slowly drop when you get back to normal driving (keep your boost steady between 1.5-3psi and it'll drop pretty fast).
Ideally you should stay 0.49-0.60. The closer to 0.49 the better.
STFT LTFT : normal -> +-10% - limit -> Those had been perfectly explained above with the 27won link

Lastly, if you not know that already, IAT1 is from the Maf sensor and IAT2 is post intercooler on the cold pipe before your throttle body.
Sponsored