Driver Rear Door and Passenger Rear Door Trims Different

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Hi, does anyone else have the issue of the two rear doors being different from each other? My driver rear door has silver trim and is leather while my passenger rear door has no silver trim and is all plastic. If any of you have the same problem, what did you guys do to have the problem fixed? I have only had my car for a day and I noticed it when I reclined my seat all the way back. Here are the pictures:

Honda Civic 10th gen Driver Rear Door and Passenger Rear Door Trims Different IMG_8729.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Driver Rear Door and Passenger Rear Door Trims Different IMG_8730.JPG

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
What do you mean by "what did you guys have to do to get it fixed"...?

Just take it back to the dealer. Unless the service advisor is a brick (which admittedly, some are), they'll acknowledge it immediately, apologize profusely, order the new parts, and replace it for you for free. If you make a stick of your wasted time you may get a free oil change or something.

Looks like whomever built your car wasn't very motivated that day lol

OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
What do you mean by "what did you guys have to do to get it fixed"...?

Just take it back to the dealer. Unless the service advisor is a brick (which admittedly, some are), they'll acknowledge it immediately, apologize profusely, order the new parts, and replace it for you for free. If you make a stick of your wasted time you may get a free oil change or something.

Looks like whomever built your car wasn't very motivated that day lol
I meant if you went to the dealership, but Im guessing everyone would if they had the same problem. I barely noticed it today, but I am taking it back in Friday morning to the guy who sold the car to me. Might try and get lucky by asking them to tint my windows for the inconvenience.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, does anyone else have the issue of the two rear doors being different from each other? My driver rear door has silver trim and is leather while my passenger rear door has no silver trim and is all plastic. If any of you have the same problem, what did you guys do to have the problem fixed? I have only had my car for a day and I noticed it when I reclined my seat all the way back. Here are the pictures:

IMG_8729.JPG

IMG_8730.JPG
LMAO how high were they when they assembled that! Have them give you leather and the upgraded trim on all doors.

Then when you go to the dealer walk in and say "Congratulations - You played yourself"

andre12dbsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Sedan / 2017 Acura MDX Navi SH-AWD
Can't say that I've seen that before. Could it be that they swapped a panel from your car to another matching the outside colour and not thinking about the inside? I'm guessing there is another Civic somewhere with the same issue.

The dealer should fix you up. That should be an easy one.

OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
LMAO how high were they when they assembled that! Have them give you leather and the upgraded trim on all doors.

Then when you go to the dealer walk in and say "Congratulations - You played yourself"
I can't believe I missed this when I checked out the car. It was the last one of that color on the lot and I guess I was just a bit antsy to get it off the lot that day haha

OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Can't say that I've seen that before. Could it be that they swapped a panel from your car to another matching the outside colour and not thinking about the inside? I'm guessing there is another Civic somewhere with the same issue.

The dealer should fix you up. That should be an easy one.
I'm guessing it could have came off a base model Civic? They said to come in on Friday so anything Extra I should ask for for my inconvenience? I mean it'd be nice to have it tinted or even better, have leather seats as stated above

TheCodifier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Now you'll see another one! :) It's similair to a previous thread here: http://www.civicx.com/threads/mismatched-interior-trim-pieces.4566/

Well, since you have an EX, I think the correct door is the one with the plastic trim. The leather one is supposed to be on an EXL or Touring.
All three of the other doors have the leather trim except the rear passenger. Maybe I have the EXL but I remember just seeing EX on the sticker. It would be kind of sad if they changed the other 3 to all plastic instead of the other way around.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans

IMG_8729.JPG

IMG_8730.JPG
Where was your car built at Canada are United States plant.. either way that is just sloppy and lazy.. guarantee if the car would have been put together in Japan you would not have that problem!

OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Where was your car built at Canada are United States plant.. either way that is just sloppy and lazy.. guarantee if the car would have been put together in Japan you would not have that problem!
From what my salesman told me, it was built in the US because it is cheaper(and sloppier like you said). Now that I'm paying closer attention to details, I just noticed the front two door panels are viynl with the silver trim while the rear doors are leather with silver trim and one which is all plastic. This is so frustrating due to the fact I was stuck in finance for 3 hours on labor day and now this. I hope I am able to receive e tras on the car for their mistakes on manafacturing the vehicle.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
From what my salesman told me, it was built in the US because it is cheaper(and sloppier like you said). Now that I'm paying closer attention to details, I just noticed the front two door panels are viynl with the silver trim while the rear doors are leather with silver trim and one which is all plastic. This is so frustrating due to the fact I was stuck in finance for 3 hours on labor day and now this. I hope I am able to receive e tras on the car for their mistakes on manafacturing the vehicle.
I hope so to .sorry to hear about your bad experience..for now on ..just be picky..sad cars,are going out to dealershipsee without proper final inspection.
Sponsored