Door Edge Guards. Yay or Nay?

aaronw630

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Hey Everyone. Just got my 2016 Civic Touring and I love it.

I'm looking to protect it as much as possible but without going overboard. I got the body side molding and it looks really nice on the Cosmic Blue. However, I'm more concerned about how the door edge guards might look. I know they aren't "necessary" but I'm guessing they do provide some added protection. What are your thoughts on them? Also, if anyone has any pictures of the OEM door edge guards on their car I would really appreciate it.

I'm not looking at the clear strips. I'd be looking at the color matched ones.

Thanks in advance. :)
Sponsored

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Yay. Had color matched ones installed at dealer, along with some other accessories, before I took possession of my 2016 Civic Touring sedan 4 weeks ago. They look great!

OP
OP

aaronw630

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yay. Had color matched ones installed at dealer, along with some other accessories, before I took possession of my 2016 Civic Touring sedan 4 weeks ago. They look great!
Hey fazekas. Do you happen to have a picture of what they look like? I would definitely like to see them on the car before I make up my mind.

Thanks.

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey fazekas. Do you happen to have a picture of what they look like? I would definitely like to see them on the car before I make up my mind.

Thanks.
Here's a picture of one door with Honda color matched door edge guard. My Civic color is Modern Steel Metallic.
Honda Civic 10th gen Door Edge Guards.  Yay or Nay? IMG_3537

OP
OP

aaronw630

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Awesome. Thank you so much for the picture. They are a lot bigger than I thought though.

Not too sure how that would look with the body side molding and a grey pinstripe. Hmmmm...

fazekas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They are hardly noticeable on my Civic, but that may be due to the color, I'd image those with lighter or brighter colors might show more. I like them much more than I'd have thought. I'd prefer not to have them, but no matter how careful I am/was all my previous cars paint started to chip on the door edge over time.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
You cannot see mine at all really. I had Xpel wrapped on the whole front of my car, rockers, gas cover and rear bumper and rockers as well as the door edge guards. In a certain light within 5 feet you can see it but only if your looking for it. But not noticeable at all. I love the Xpel film. I will upload a picture later.

Honda Civic 10th gen Door Edge Guards.  Yay or Nay? ima

Last edited:

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Awesome. Thank you so much for the picture. They are a lot bigger than I thought though.

Not too sure how that would look with the body side molding and a grey pinstripe. Hmmmm...
Look at my pics I posted earlier. I updated my post.

finalnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have clear edges on mine from the dealer, happy with them.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
Can you post what the film instllation looks like on the inside of your door? I had it done but the job looks like crap on the inside, just need someone to compare to before I take it back.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Yay. Had them on my '02 Si and wish I got them on my FK7. They help avoid nicking my car's door edges as well as avoid damaging other cars (which I'm super-careful about!). I'm putting them on my to-do list.

MEESE15T

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Hey Everyone. Just got my 2016 Civic Touring and I love it.

I'm looking to protect it as much as possible but without going overboard. I got the body side molding and it looks really nice on the Cosmic Blue. However, I'm more concerned about how the door edge guards might look. I know they aren't "necessary" but I'm guessing they do provide some added protection. What are your thoughts on them? Also, if anyone has any pictures of the OEM door edge guards on their car I would really appreciate it.

I'm not looking at the clear strips. I'd be looking at the color matched ones.

Thanks in advance. :)
Honda's catalog says you can't have both,they'll interfere with each other,check with your dealer

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People actually voluntarily want those stupid plastic edges? Looks tacky, not perfectly color matched.
Sponsored