Got My Ktuner V2 today and man a bit overwhelming. Some questions and any suggestions.

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I think I did it right. Got it locked to the ECU, I loaded up a few tunes, I flashed the 19.5/23 Dual tune. I took it for a spin and it does seem a bit liver and quicker. I am not seeing the boost levels mentioned in the tune but I have not had it out on the Highway where I can get the revs up so that will come tomorrow so gonna reserve judgment.

I am having a hard time knowing if its placebo effect or if the tune really made a difference on city streets or if I missed something. I see the OTF Tune option and not sure what that is so if anyone could enlighten me. Also the dual tune means in comfort its 19.5 and in Sport its 23 Psi for the max boost?

Also the stuff on the layout like total K count anyone can help me understand that?

So far happy with the purchase and cant wait to take it out and put it to the real test tomorrow. Wold also like to learn how to keep rev hang V. lessen rev hang but I am assuming you have to do that in the tune that is not a stand alone switch flip you can do.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Well I fugured out some of it. Some reason it seems when I load the base KTuner tunes they are all set to factory spec so I went in and just adjusted some of the check boxes like no rev hang, throttle responsiveness, faster spool, and increased boost target and yea I was hauling the mail after that I was boosting to 20 Psi. Cant wait to get my ATC Clutch kit and try out that 23.5 PSI boost map

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Rev hang can be turned on or off with cruise button for our civics.

OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Rev hang can be turned on or off with cruise button for our civics.
OOH Okay. Yea lot to learn about the KTune. Crazy though how much a difference it makes just going from the stock tune to even like a Stage 1 tune.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
KTuner has some nice information in their help pages that will give you some more knowledge.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/civicx_accordx_platform.htm

Also don't call it Ktune(d) cause that's another company entirely. :cool:

I've written fairly extensively about my tuning experience (I've been tuned over 2 years) and it's definitely no placebo effect. I've shaved a second off my 0-60 time just going from stock to a TSP 1.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RehabJP

RehabJP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stoneautotech.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
KTuner has some nice information in their help pages that will give you some more knowledge.

http://www.ktuner.com/KTunerHelp/civicx_accordx_platform.htm

Also don't call it Ktune cause that's another company entirely. :cool:

I've written fairly extensively about my tuning experience (I've been tuned over 2 years) and it's definitely no placebo effect. I've shaved a second off my 0-60 time just going from stock to a TSP 1.
Thank you kindly. I guess I should have done a bit more research before hoping on here I have found a ton more info now lots of Youtube videos on the KTuner V2
Sponsored