Dear media, Please stop bitching about the Rs looks in every single article and video.

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Almost all sport cars have fake vents somewhere in the car foe example look at the new supra mustangs camaros
Sponsored

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
My thing is im tired of the negative comments about looks. They want it to look different but.. the things that give it the performance they love are also the same things that give it the look. They take the looks away they take the areo away they loose track records. But all that back and forth aside, its not just the comments on looks but, the way they are so insulting about it. Professional reviewers calling anyone who likes it an adolescent boy, or you would have to be blind to like it. They cant simply say the design is subjective but has a point. No they are always insulting.

Fake vents blah blah..so what 90 percent of sports cars have fake vents and so on. Just about everything they bitch about on the R they dont say shit about or even love on other cars. Its just hate.
I Agree on this, some other key words to add that I see/hear a lot:

- 'Flamboyish'
- 'Boyracer'
- '..a kid drew it'
- 'something a kid would buy',
- 'over the top styling'
- 'would not get caught driving it'
- 'hideous'
- 'ridiculous'
- 'ugly'
- 'that wing!'
- 'rice'
- 'rice from factory'

Fair enough, but then what about this?

Honda Civic 10th gen Dear media, Please stop bitching about the Rs looks in every single article and video. Lamborghini-Avendator-SV-cover

not comparing the type r to the adventador. It is a beautiful car, but also has scoops, aero, big wing, boyracer, flamboyant, over the top styling, yet no hate?

Last edited:

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
There's always going to be someone who hates / dislikes a car. You can't please everyone.

Bottom line: if you're happy with it, who cares what other people think.

On another note: I actually don't think the CTR is much of a looker but who cares? She drives well and im happy with it.

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
There's always going to be someone who hates / dislikes a car. You can't please everyone.

Bottom line: if you're happy with it, who cares what other people think.

On another note: I actually don't think the CTR is much of a looker but who cares? She drives well and im happy with it.
I get that and people likening or not likening something is fine but it is every single article every single video review. Not one says they like it, they all throw shade. Like its the cool thing to do, me too see I'm cool like everyone else cause I am being hateful too. I find it hard to believe not one reviewer likes its looks. But no one wants to admit it cause they dont want to be first or only one to say so.

Ever see those brain game shows? Were they have a board with 3 lines they hire 6 people to say its 4 and then when the real 7th answers they say 4 as well cause they didn't want to go against what their peers said? Same thing here.

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
My thing is im tired of the negative comments about looks. They want it to look different but.. the things that give it the performance they love are also the same things that give it the look. They take the looks away they take the areo away they loose track records. But all that back and forth aside, its not just the comments on looks but, the way they are so insulting about it. Professional reviewers calling anyone who likes it an adolescent boy, or you would have to be blind to like it. They cant simply say the design is subjective but has a point. No they are always insulting.

Fake vents blah blah..so what 90 percent of sports cars have fake vents and so on. Just about everything they bitch about on the R they dont say shit about or even love on other cars. Its just hate.
Well call me a 68 y.o. adolescent boy and buy me a green tipped cane cause I like it!

wildbilly32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Porsche C4S 19 CTR #24184 19 Volvo XC40 R
Country flag
Random stranger: What body kit/wheels is that?

Me: Stock

Random stranger: :eek:
Had something similar a while back. Guy drove a newish Civic into parking lot while I was walking away from the CTR. He caught up and asked "Whut kinda car is that?" I respond "A Honda Civic." He replies "...but it has all that extra stuff on it!" To which I reply "It's a Civic Type R and it came that way from the factory." After that he was speechless. I think his mind blew! Beauty & style is in the eye of the beholder. That's one reason there are so many different looking vehicles in the past and now. Good comparison above with the Lambo. I was taking good natured styling flak when I informed a Porsche forum I was going to get one then I posted a Lambo pic with a question mark...that silenced a few. If people like the looks and performance of a Camry then they should go buy one...not me!

OP
OP
Harlaquin

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
This superbird has got to be the ugliest most ridiculous car ever made yet any true car guy would kill to own it. So dont tell me reviewers are true car guys and thats why they hate on the R. Reviewers are like Movie critics, always downing the best stuff.
Honda Civic 10th gen Dear media, Please stop bitching about the Rs looks in every single article and video. plymouth-superbird-01

Last edited:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The people who can’t stand the looks all end up in Golf Rs. Not a bad car by any means, but it falls short of Type R greatness.

The Golf however blends in too much. What’s the fun of blending in? I like to stand out. For that, Honda and Toyota/Lexus are doing a good job to help make their vehicles more eye catching

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Car companies: we’ll play on the safe side and stay conservative.
Journalists: boring.
Car companies: we’ll go with something radical and stands out.
Journalists: ugly.

People still are willing to travel hundreds of miles and pay thousands over the MSRP. So who cares!
Not anymore....unfortunately honda oversaturated the market and now you can get them relatively easily

ipeefreely

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor / 2019 CTR
Country flag
I get that and people likening or not likening something is fine but it is every single article every single video review. Not one says they like it, they all throw shade. Like its the cool thing to do, me too see I'm cool like everyone else cause I am being hateful too. I find it hard to believe not one reviewer likes its looks. But no one wants to admit it cause they dont want to be first or only one to say so.

Ever see those brain game shows? Were they have a board with 3 lines they hire 6 people to say its 4 and then when the real 7th answers they say 4 as well cause they didn't want to go against what their peers said? Same thing here.
I see your point and I agree. It could also mean that the CTR appeals to a certain demographic (usually younger guys who have a taste for the flare). Most of these journalists are well... not of that age group.

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
This superbird has got to be the ugliest most ridiculous car ever made yet any true car guy would kill to own it. So dont tell me reviewers are true car guys and thats why they hate on the R. Reviewers are like Movie critics, always downing the best stuff.
plymouth-superbird-01.jpg
You should watch a history video on that car. Honestly it's a pretty good story and makes sense. But yes...it's ugly as hell and I'd own one in a heartbeat.

Random stranger: What body kit/wheels is that?

Me: Stock

Random stranger: :eek:
I love getting this because the ones who ask the question are just adamant that "no way did it come like that!". I've had more than enough people in the area just shake their head at me thinking I riced it up. *shrug* I love this thing, and hope almost no one realizes what the hell it is most of the time.

SixxSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
By the end of the day, journalists have to bitch about something when it comes to any car. Would you really believe any article that only praised the shit out of any particular car, without ever mentioning downsides to it? You would think they actually work for the manufacturer and only blow rainbows out their asses. There’s no such thing as the perfect vehicle.

It also goes to show that journalists really have fuck all to complain about when it comes to the CTR. It is comfy as fuck. It is fast as fuck. It brakes and handles like one badass motherfucker. It’s reliable, it isn’t an arm and a leg to maintain, its nicely appointed yet still fairly light (at least in this day and age)... so what’s left? The looks!

But so what? I can gripe about every car I’ve owned in the past, to some degree. The bigger question is why are you still watching videos about a car that’s been out for 3 years now and even resides in your garage? Who gives a shit? Let the haters hate. We all know they wish they had one too. :cheers: :D

Last edited:

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I think the hate comes from the fact that it is a Honda. We have all seen the memes on social media poking fun at Honda's simply because its the funny thing to do to get Honda owners mad because they are butt hurt about a past experience or whatever.

That along with the journalists pointing out the looks, gets a whole lot of people jump on the bandwagon of hate. If you scroll down to the comments the majority are just bashing it for no good reason and that gets the next person to comment the same thing. Funny to watch.
Sponsored