cleosdad

First Name
Lavelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
Can somebody tell me which month this year the article appeared? It was Type R vs Focus RS and the R won. I made multiple attempts to Barnes and Noble to find a copy and it was not in the July 18 0r August 18 issue. If anyone has it, I would love to read it. Thanks!
Sponsored

wishistillhadmyITR

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F87 M2 (former 00' EBP Si, PYITR 0081, Evo VIII, IX, 15' WRX STi, Focus RS))
Country flag
Overall reviews from various publications. CTR is quicker on the track and better as a DD. RS is untamed, subjectively more fun or “gimmicky”, and punishing as a DD.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Guys I owned an RS for about a year and it is definitely a tad quicker than the Type R, but the extremely harsh ride quality is just horrible unless you are on a smooth race track.
The RS beat the crap out of me so much, that's the reason I got rid of it.
If you watch any RS car reviews, they all say the same, poor, harsh, bouncy ride quality.
The track mode was simply unbearable, even on the track.
When I test drove the Type R I was so apprehensive because I figured it would have the same harsh ride quality as the RS had, especially with those 20" wheels.
Was I pleasantly surprised. The ride in the Type R in comfort mode is just as good, if not better than my GTI.
Also, the seats in the RS were not good, they were set pretty high and on a weird angle, felt more like you were in a Ford Transit van than a sporty hatchback.
The seats in the Type R are amazing, where you sit down in the car like in a cockpit, lower center of gravity.
The interior of the RS was also a disappointment, just some extra blue stitching and dash accents, but really almost the same as the Focus ST.
What I did really like about my RS was the Nitrous Blue color(had gold flake in it), would love to have that option in the Type R, and the launch control feature.
To be honest with you, the Type R feels almost as quick as the RS.

ez12a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CW Type R
Country flag
RS is faster from a stop and better in bad road conditions. Other than that, the Type R will pull harder at speed and out brake the RS. Has been proven in several publications (even against the improved '18 RS) and several races in Mexico.

On dry surfaces, the Type R will edge out the RS.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
I ditched a white RS multiple times with Titan wheels and RS4 tires all around on ACH. I only have 2 RE71Rs at the front, that car might have more power to the wheels but I can image the crappy parts of roads up there stops him from going any faster.
Sponsored