First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30
I own a 1.5t CVT and when I put it into S mode I thought it was a fun drive. I agree with the one post where the guy mentioned that manuals are going to go away because technology and computers just do things humans can't. I originally wanted a MT but living in DFW only 3 MT Sports were available and in colors I didn't want. I definitely think MT are fun and give you a lot more control over the drive but that CVT engine is marvelous at keeping that turbo spooled which is why the S mode was actually pretty fun to drive.
I like Sonic on TV meaning online but picked PMM.
I own a 1.5t CVT and when I put it into S mode I thought it was a fun drive. I agree with the one post where the guy mentioned that manuals are going to go away because technology and computers just do things humans can't. I originally wanted a MT but living in DFW only 3 MT Sports were available and in colors I didn't want. I definitely think MT are fun and give you a lot more control over the drive but that CVT engine is marvelous at keeping that turbo spooled which is why the S mode was actually pretty fun to drive.
The Honda Cvt is a godsend when you consider the only other turbo CVT you got is the Wrx CVT and you get an idea of just what a hail mary this is. That and we can't drive a manual so the situation gets very dire straits. One thing I have observed is the CVT FE is not kind to a lot of idling and chilling but that is understandable. Great option.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so looks like some has passed the 100k mark. looks like the car is being used for Uber according to the facebook post
Honda Civic 10th gen CVT failures 19399361_1617540851651004_1336627425283431695_n

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm at 29k Miles so far.

sonicBOOMgray

Banned
Civic was washed away in Houston Harvey maelstrom
Banned
First Name
UNK (uncle)
Threads
Reaction score
my LX was scathed in Harvey...Houston 42 feet unda
Website
a.msn.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Hatch PMM LX HS 0w-20 FF 5650 miles, 06 Accord V6 MC 5w-20, 95 SC300 V6 QS 10w-30

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
that can't be real lmfaoooo
guy posted it was brought in for service to due bad front wheel bearing, which isnt surprising since all the hondas i have seen have had the wheel bearings go bad at about 80k-100k

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
guy posted it was brought in for service to due bad front wheel bearing, which isnt surprising since all the hondas i have seen have had the wheel bearings go bad at about 80k-100k
warranty still or what was the cost? who is this guy anyway? lets ask him how his car is holding up and if theres been any major repairs... or if he's even replaced his cvt fluid

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
that can't be real lmfaoooo
well I have 25K and I don't feel like I even drive the car much. In fact we have been driving our other car to try to try to limit the miles on the Civic (to get the full 3 years instead of 36K miles).

remember the 2016's were released like October 2015

SonicTman

First Name
Justyne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey LX HB, 2014 Jeep Cherokee Altitude
Country flag
I like Sonic on TV meaning online but picked PMM.

The Honda Cvt is a godsend when you consider the only other turbo CVT you got is the Wrx CVT and you get an idea of just what a hail mary this is. That and we can't drive a manual so the situation gets very dire straits. One thing I have observed is the CVT FE is not kind to a lot of idling and chilling but that is understandable. Great option.
I originally wanted a MT but couldn't find one in my area in the color I wanted. I also got the car on fathers day weekend when the dealership was running incentives. I had to get a car off their lot in order to take advantage of it. I am still pretty pleased with the CVT the only downside is the aftermarket performance won't be able to yield as much as a MT but I think I read people increasing to like mid 250's.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another useless speculative thread. Pretty sure my CVT will explode before 100k.

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
well I have 25K and I don't feel like I even drive the car much. In fact we have been driving our other car to try to try to limit the miles on the Civic (to get the full 3 years instead of 36K miles).

remember the 2016's were released like October 2015
yeah man i have 31k already and bought mine feb 2016... i purchased the extended warranty tho.. for 8 years/120k miles

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
A stupid thread ---

CVT has been good for Honda. Otherwise they would have never standardized on CVT for their 4 cylinder Accord sedan.

Whatever problems they had in their early designs they have moved on to a design good enough to be the standard unit in their top tier car -- the Accord.
Sponsored