Curious after owning the Type R what is next?

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Turbo S2000, 2014 SRT Jeep Grand Cherokee , 1998 Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
Well as an update, I had to replace my R and ended up getting a new Raptor. Needed a truck but not so boring of a truck. Sad part is everytime I see a R I want to grab another one lol. Maybe that will be my next csr again
Sponsored

1lastnerve

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR - Black
Country flag
This thread is a little long in the tooth... I wonder if the early contributors are still here or still own the CTR? Times change. I've had a few cars that I thought I'd keep forever.. and didn't. I've had cars that I've lusted after and always had on my someday list. The 911 being a perennial contender on that list, but yet to acquire. Buying the CTR for me was a toe in the water to see how I could get along with a sporty car as my daily driver. I wanted something quick and fun to drive. The fact that they are on the cheaper end to buy, hold their value, and have some bit of practicality made it an easy choice.
But I don't think I'll keep it long term... and I don't think I'll be getting the 911. It comes down to the fact that where I live, the roads are flat and laid out in grids. No curvy roads and no picturesque drives to be had anywhere. The ability to extract any of the attributes that any of these cars have is just not possible on the public roads in my location.

I think my next purchase is a Silverado with the 6.2 V8. At least the ride will be comfortable and I can hear the stereo... and my right foot can give me the motoring pleasure when I need it.

*EDIT - Just after I finished my post I see OP jumped back in... No CTR and driving a truck now! LOL

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Type R isn’t going anywhere for me. If I got a new car I would think about a Subaru Crosstrek or Outback, one because I could alternate the R with them, and two, they would be great when the weather starts turning south.
Well this aged like moldy cheese... not only did the Type R go somewhere, I am driving a Mazda3 now!

I thought about the Crosstrek but that speed was just a bit too slow for my tastes. The 3 does what I want and I have no regrets. Miss the R but too many factors in my life that made it not the right vehicle for me anymore. Still would love to pick one up again in the future if I was able!

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This thread is a little long in the tooth... I wonder if the early contributors are still here or still own the CTR? Times change. I've had a few cars that I thought I'd keep forever.. and didn't. I've had cars that I've lusted after and always had on my someday list. The 911 being a perennial contender on that list, but yet to acquire. Buying the CTR for me was a toe in the water to see how I could get along with a sporty car as my daily driver. I wanted something quick and fun to drive. The fact that they are on the cheaper end to buy, hold their value, and have some bit of practicality made it an easy choice.
But I don't think I'll keep it long term... and I don't think I'll be getting the 911. It comes down to the fact that where I live, the roads are flat and laid out in grids. No curvy roads and no picturesque drives to be had anywhere. The ability to extract any of the attributes that any of these cars have is just not possible on the public roads in my location.

I think my next purchase is a Silverado with the 6.2 V8. At least the ride will be comfortable and I can hear the stereo... and my right foot can give me the motoring pleasure when I need it.

*EDIT - Just after I finished my post I see OP jumped back in... No CTR and driving a truck now! LOL
I recommend a 2nd gen raptor if you want a truck. It reminds me more of a jdm truck than anything else. lol

chattanoogaR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stinger
Country flag
Well as an update, I had to replace my R and ended up getting a new Raptor. Needed a truck but not so boring of a truck. Sad part is everytime I see a R I want to grab another one lol. Maybe that will be my next csr again
That is the only SVT vehicle that I have not owned. (Since the beginning of SVT)

It is interesting for sure, just not sure what the hell I would use it for.

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is the only SVT vehicle that I have not owned. (Since the beginning of SVT)

It is interesting for sure, just not sure what the hell I would use it for.
I didn’t know either until I did a little of this. So much fun in a different way.

Honda Civic 10th gen Curious after owning the Type R what is next? D1181743-B3D6-4037-BBCF-5B6301DCDEAF

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
As long as you still have the turbo S2000, life is GOOD!!!

OP
OP
zsak

zsak

First Name
Tej
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
As long as you still have the turbo S2000, life is GOOD!!!
Yes sir that car will never go. My kids are already eyeing it when they get older lol.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
After a year with the Type R now I can't see anything that doesn't cost 3x as much that would be worth owning instead of it. I hope it lasts a good long time this one is a keeper. Light - manual - fun to toss around - it's just a great car in all situations imo.

I also love the audacious styling - they really swung for the fences with it and I appreciate that and love the ugly everyone else seems to find in it. I'll proudly pilot my voltron car till it dies -

DreamR

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus CT200h
Country flag
I'm having a hard time finding one for MSRP so I'm probably just going to wait and get the new IS500. I work for Lexus and with master certification I get $500/month (taxed) on a new lease.

TANSTAAFL

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, Championship White
Country flag
Given where I am, and other stuff, I hope to keep this car until I can reasonably get into an EV that isn't some SUV or boring sedan. Something more like that Toyota MR2-ish EV sounds neat. I doubt that when this car is ready to be swapped that there will even be any reasonably priced manual transmission ICE vehicles around, especially any that aren't RWD (which isn't an option in #frozenyankeehellhole).

I simply won't buy another ICE car that has an automatic. If I have to give up the third pedal, I'm going all the way to EV land.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'm having a hard time finding one for MSRP so I'm probably just going to wait and get the new IS500. I work for Lexus and with master certification I get $500/month (taxed) on a new lease.
Yolo bud - go drive a used Type R and realize it's worth getting one - new or used - over a Lexus. Sorry, but I'd pay over sticker a bit instead of getting a boring Lexus.

J o n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Z/28, '22 Ridgeline , '22 CR-V Hybrid
Country flag
Yolo bud - go drive a used Type R and realize it's worth getting one - new or used - over a Lexus. Sorry, but I'd pay over sticker a bit instead of getting a boring Lexus.
IS500 is a compact sedan with a 472hp 5.0 V8 sedan... Going to be a neat piece of hardware on the street for sure.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35540145/2022-lexus-is500-f-sport-revealed/

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
im trying to see if i can get myself into one as a daily driver when its out.
that v8 sounds so good.
Sponsored