Curious after owning the Type R what is next?

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
Not so sure about that.

Might just as as well go all the way and get a bike.
I did think about that route. However with the quality of drivers we have here + the amount of gravel used in the winter, bikes can be a bit sketch.

I didnt use the CTR very much for it's practical aspect so I just decided to get something less comprimised as far as raw driving experience... been happy with the choice for sure.
Sponsored

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Right. Tiny. Impractical. Ariel Atom. Caterham 7. Very focused cars. I'm thinking I'm buying another bike first...unless I have enough money to have both (and a few other bikes/cars).
can you get a caterham here in the US? k series atom ?

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
What bikes are you looking at? Years ago, I had a 2007 Elise and a 2007 zx10r. Pretty fun combination.
I ride a Multistrada Pikes Peak and a 300 XCW TPI. I've taken many week long bike rides, hence why if I was to buy car that was very impractical and super focused, I would buy a bike that was both fun for short and long rides.

BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
I did think about that route. However with the quality of drivers we have here + the amount of gravel used in the winter, bikes can be a bit sketch.

I didnt use the CTR very much for it's practical aspect so I just decided to get something less comprimised as far as raw driving experience... been happy with the choice for sure.
You've got some great riding west of you... Been up there a number of times on a bike.

Litfuse

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered CTR
Country flag
I ride a Multistrada Pikes Peak and a 300 XCW TPI. I've taken many week long bike rides, hence why if I was to buy car that was very impractical and super focused, I would buy a bike that was both fun for short and long rides.
Both great bikes!

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I was looking at and considering the WRX when I was trying to find the perfect used CTR and I'd just like to say, if this is what the new STI is going to look like - WOW. This is ticking a lot of boxes for me. I don't have buyers regret or anything and I love the Type R but damn had this been available I would have had some tough choices.

Honda Civic 10th gen Curious after owning the Type R what is next? Eb2JRYDXkAct_ua

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I was looking at and considering the WRX when I was trying to find the perfect used CTR and I'd just like to say, if this is what the new STI is going to look like - WOW. This is ticking a lot of boxes for me. I don't have buyers regret or anything and I love the Type R but damn had this been available I would have had some tough choices.

Eb2JRYDXkAct_ua.jpg
Highly doubt the final will look like that :p It's a crazy looking concept, not too different from Subaru's previous concepts though. I'm kind of hoping the next STI is offered in a hatch though.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

Eb2JRYDXkAct_ua.jpg
This is the old VIZIV, not going to happen. When I saw this year's ago I dreamt and dreamt.

Jjk226

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW
Country flag

Eb2JRYDXkAct_ua.jpg
next Wrx STI will most likely resemble the levorg in this video.
As a former Wrx owner, it looks like ass