What do you think the Type R is missing?

Which features do you think the Type R is missing?

• All Wheel Drive (option or standard)

Votes: 79 25.5%
  • Automatic Transmission option

Votes: 18 5.8%
  • Heated seats

Votes: 71 22.9%
  • Sunroof

Votes: 61 19.7%
  • (North America market only) Honda Sensing

Votes: 63 20.3%
  • Factory performance parts (like HPD)

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • Power Seats

Votes: 43 13.9%
  • 5th seat in back

Votes: 44 14.2%
  • Cooled seats

Votes: 38 12.3%
  • 18/19 inch wheel package

Votes: 126 40.6%
  • Stock all season tire option

Votes: 56 18.1%
  • Alternate body style (sedan/coupe)

Votes: 29 9.4%
  • Better infotainment system

Votes: 99 31.9%
  • None, I think the Type R perfect as is

Votes: 22 7.1%

• Total voters

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i voted for All wheel drive and Alternate body style (sedan/coupe)
Because 4wd Civic Coupe...that's all she wrote!
:beer:Hold my beer

And also my other one isn't even on the list and i can't understand that, MANUAL HANDBRAKE or electronic but a way to have lock on rear wheels on command...like litteraly EVERY OTHER civic before.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
i voted for All wheel drive and Alternate body style (sedan/coupe)
Because 4wd Civic Coupe...that's all she wrote!
:beer:Hold my beer

And also my other one isn't even on the list and i can't understand that, MANUAL HANDBRAKE or electronic but a way to have lock on rear wheels on command...like litteraly EVERY OTHER civic before.
If Iā€™m not mistaken if you hold the parking brake up while driving, it should lock the rears up. I havenā€˜t tried it personally, but someone else did say there was a way to get that to work out.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If Iā€™m not mistaken if you hold the parking brake up while driving, it should lock the rears up. I havenā€˜t tried it personally, but someone else did say there was a way to get that to work out.
no i did it many times it locks all 4 wheels(not lock but strong ABS behaviour) but with a more agressive ABS patern it makes a rather scratchier noise and all 4 wheels brake hard. you can try it it's fine...it's an emergency braking system and it works well.
Maybe you can mod it to act only on the rear but mine this is my 2nd 10th gen and they both did the same thing.
Would love to test a Type R i'm sure it's basicaly work the same way, let me know :)

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
no i did it many times it locks all 4 wheels(not lock but strong ABS behaviour) but with a more agressive ABS patern it makes a rather scratchier noise and all 4 wheels brake hard. you can try it it's fine...it's an emergency braking system and it works well.
Maybe you can mod it to act only on the rear but mine this is my 2nd 10th gen and they both did the same thing.
Would love to test a Type R i'm sure it's basicaly work the same way, let me know :)
Ooh, that is a little interesting. Iā€™ll continue to admit I havenā€™t tried any of this, but apparently from a stop, the Type R will lock itā€™s rears if you try to accelerate and do a burn out. Makes me wonder if the throttle input has anything to do with it, same with TCS and other electronics.

yansag1982

First Name
Yanick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Coupe Sport 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ooh, that is a little interesting. Iā€™ll continue to admit I havenā€™t tried any of this, but apparently from a stop, the Type R will lock itā€™s rears if you try to accelerate and do a burn out. Makes me wonder if the throttle input has anything to do with it, same with TCS and other electronics.
i think it's the speed of the car...honda deemed safer to have the car braking hard in a straight line rather than have the rear wheels lock...from a safety stand point it makes total sense but from a car that will potentially be used at race tracks and stuff they could have 2 modes or something.