Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Am I the only person who intends to just drive the car as Honda built it?

Change tires, brakes, fluids and enjoy the R for what it is.
I think it looks perfect as it is. My mods will be under the hood.

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
Am I the only person who intends to just drive the car as Honda built it?

Change tires, brakes, fluids and enjoy the R for what it is.
No Sir, I shall do the same.... And love every minute of it

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
It's all about being a sleeper. And surprising lesser cars.
:rofl:

you'll have to delete a lot more than just badges and the wing...
how bout the fender and quarter flares, the exhaust and the body kit?
these are uniquely CTR items...

I think its pretty hard to disguise a CTR.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
:rofl:

you'll have to delete a lot more than just badges and the wing...
how bout the fender and quarter flares, the exhaust and the body kit?
these are uniquely CTR items...

I think its pretty hard to disguise a CTR.

Yeah I had tons of performance hidden under the hood of my old Si that looked completely stock, and I know how great it is to have a sleeper that has gobs more horsepower/performance than anyone would think, but in a Type R that has so many unique and defining features? I don't think so...

bakedbeaner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CR-X 2001 Civic EX Sedan
Yeah I had tons of performance hidden under the hood of my old Si that looked completely stock, and I know how great it is to have a sleeper that has gobs more horsepower/performance than anyone would think, but in a Type R that has so many unique and defining features? I don't think so...
On the other hand, The Type R could look like a regular ol' Touring Hatch made to look like a type R.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
On the other hand, The Type R could look like a regular ol' Touring Hatch made to look like a type R.
Not especially. You would have had to change the exhaust to the Type R from a hatch style, change to the hood with the scoop, not put on (?) the wing, add aero such as the lip and side skirts, add the brembo brakes that scream Type R, etc, etc, etc. (This is coming from a Hatch as you are saying.)

It's not going to be a sleeper unless you go and basically part out the car to the point where it literally is a Touring Hatch besides the 2.0T under the hood, there are too many unique features to the car that identify it.

bakedbeaner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 CR-X 2001 Civic EX Sedan
Not especially. You would have had to change the exhaust to the Type R from a hatch style, change to the hood with the scoop, not put on (?) the wing, add aero such as the lip and side skirts, add the brembo brakes that scream Type R, etc, etc, etc. (This is coming from a Hatch as you are saying.)

It's not going to be a sleeper unless you go and basically part out the car to the point where it literally is a Touring Hatch besides the 2.0T under the hood, there are too many unique features to the car that identify it.
i haven't figured out the exhaust but i bet if i add a sufficient amount of bondo in the right places, the body kit could look glued on.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
i bet if i add a sufficient amount of bondo in the right places, the body kit could look glued on.[/QUOTE]
That'll do it :bump:

S&R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Itr
If seibon makes carbon fiber doors, then I would paint to match and slap them on to reduce 100+lbs.