Your CTR to do list?

2JZ-CJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si Sedan Crystal Black Pearl
After seeing the close-to-production Civic Type R, it seems as if everyone has their own take on what works aesthetically and what looks straight up tacky. If you were to buy a Civic Type R, what are the first things you're going to do it to make it look more appropriate for you?

Here's my to do list for polished metal metallic CTR:
- Get roof and bottom half of mirrors painted gloss black
- Install gloss black TE37s, sell the factory red-lipped (ugly) wheels
- Install all black floor mats
- Swap out steering wheel rim for Si steering wheel rim
- Somehow return the center exhaust to regular chrome instead of red
- Somehow install the black alcantara Recaro sportster CS seats, sell the factory seats

Honda Civic 10th gen Your CTR to do list? FF9A4902_zps2a2f5350
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
My direction will be a little different - I'll be looking to
- grab a set of Power Folding mirrors and switch from Europe (guessing TypeR and regular Civic hatch won't be a different mounting, etc)
- Grab a set of EDM taillights with Rear Fog light (Again assuming EDM Type R and EDM hatch are the same)
- maybe grab a set of European heated seats.
- grab a set of EDM headlight washers and brackets - maybe
- basically get all the Civic Type R GT-pack add-ons that the present UK version gets (dual zone climate control, etc)
- make whatever engine mods are necessary to get 400whp on E-85.

Otherwise- I'd like the look of it slammed, but I just don't want to disrupt that magical TypeR suspension in the name of lowering it.

TechSIguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R CW
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After seeing the close-to-production Civic Type R, it seems as if everyone has their own take on what works aesthetically and what looks straight up tacky. If you were to buy a Civic Type R, what are the first things you're going to do it to make it look more appropriate for you?

Here's my to do list for polished metal metallic CTR:
- Get roof and bottom half of mirrors painted gloss black
- Install gloss black TE37s, sell the factory red-lipped (ugly) wheels
- Install all black floor mats
- Swap out steering wheel rim for Si steering wheel rim
- Somehow return the center exhaust to regular chrome instead of red
- Somehow install the black alcantara Recaro sportster CS seats, sell the factory seats

Honda Civic 10th gen Your CTR to do list? FF9A4902_zps2a2f5350
You do know this a prototype right? Some of the stuff probably won't make it to the production car. The red exhaust definitely won't be making it to production. Remember the green tip exhaust on the prototype hatch? The steering wheel will probably be toned down with a "Type R" badge on the bottom. Red lip won't make it on the rims itself, I think the Rims will remain the same though.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Install better tires, likely Bridgestone RE71-R -provided that the factory wheels are either Enkei MAT wheels (likely the case) or something forged.
Install track-capable brake pads
Install track-capable fluids
Set alignment
Drive

*possibly install a different seat bracket to adjust driver position

The R is not a car I want to extensively modify. The engineers who know the car best have put thousands of hours into R&D and I will probably not be able to outdrive the car they offer.

Last edited:

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The R is not a car I want to extensively modify. The engineers who know the car best have put thousands of hours into R&D and I will probably not be able to outdrive the car they offer.
True! First one I see Hellaflushed or Stanced I'm chucking feces at!

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
If I even get one....here's my list:

- Probably put on a underbrace
- Install some really good sport tires and buy some HRE wheels
- Do the basic bolt ons

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Check/adjust alignment for
-more negative camber front and rear*
-slight toe out at the front, 0 toe at the rear

*install camber/crash bolts if the front doesn't have stock camber adjustments.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Install better tires, likely Bridgestone RE71-R -provided that the factory wheels are either Enkei MAT wheels (likely the case) or something forged.
Install track-capable brake pads
Install track-capable fluids
Set alignment
Drive

*possibly install a different seat bracket to adjust driver position

The ITR is still my dedicated track car unless I get rid of it before the CTR arrives.

I've found Extreme performance tires have less grip than performance summer when daily driving because they don't have enough heat in them.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
I will try and find the Smallest wheels possible to fit the car. Most likely 18 inch will be the smallest able to fit the brakes.
Will have wheels that are most likely very high offset much like previous type R's, (60et?). Therefore, these will need to be custom made
wheels.

Before Wheels, more than likely some Ceramic tint all around including clear one for windshield

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
I will try and find the Smallest wheels possible to fit the car. Most likely 18 inch will be the smallest able to fit the brakes.
Will have wheels that are most likely very high offset much like previous type R's, (60et?). Therefore, these will need to be custom made
wheels.

Before Wheels, more than likely some Ceramic tint all around including clear one for windshield
Current UK CTR wheels are 8.5Jx19 ET60 5x120 and will most likely carry over to the new CTR. I think most aftermarket wheels are in the 40-45mm offset range. 15mm (0.6 inches) isn't that huge of a difference to justify spending a lot more for custom wheels IMO.

A2typeR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si sedan (TSP stage 1) 2016 Mazda Miata Club (Brembo BBS pack)
Country flag
Step 1 placed deposit...

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
Current UK CTR wheels are 8.5Jx19 ET60 5x120 and will most likely carry over to the new CTR. I think most aftermarket wheels are in the 40-45mm offset range. 15mm (0.6 inches) isn't that huge of a difference to justify spending a lot more for custom wheels IMO.
5mm not much, 15mm is alot when the difference in offset will affect the toe in/toe out, scrub radius of the car

gsrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 civic si (trak car, to be replace soon...), 2007 TSX (daly), 2003 CRV
Country flag
5mm not much, 15mm is alot when the difference in offset will affect the toe in/toe out, scrub radius of the car
- Purchase
- Fab camber plate + alignement
- Purchase smallest/widest wheel and tire combo that fit front brake ( something like 17x9 apex wheel that fit over wheel with propper tire at least 265 wide tire)
- Hondata!
- lapping days!!!
Sponsored