Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Just thought I'd give a quick analysis while it's fresh in my mind. Recently swapped over from Continental DWS 06 All-Seasons to Michelin PS4S in 265/35 R 18 size. Both same size, on my 18x9.5 + 45 offset rims.

Traction is night and day. I can stomp it in 2nd gear and have zero wheel spin with the PS4S. With the Conti's, even when they were fresh, this was never the case. When they were towards the end of their life, forget about it. Had to finesse it all the way to third gear.

The Michelin's feel floaty. I think that's supposed to translate to "luxuriousness". Can't decide if I like it yet - I miss the direct feel of the Contis - I could feel individual pebbles with those. But I can't argue with the Michelin's going where you point them, despite not feeling as much as the Conti's.

Fling. The Michelin's fling up debris like nobody's business. The Conti's chilled out on this - but now I just hear a constant "ting ting ting" of debris being thrown up against my car by my own tires. And yes, I have Rally Armor.

Driving on rails is cool. The Conti's sliding out on command is missed a little - yeah, it's slower, but it's fun.

Also, I highly recommend Discount Tire Direct. They fully honored the mileage warranty on the Conti's and gave me a very generous pro-rated credit on this next set. 100% Recommend.

I think my next set will be AS3+'s.
Sponsored

ehCobra

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP Civic Type-R
Country flag
I am sad to hear about the plushiness of the PS4S. I was hoping that when I get new 18s that I could get a tire that feels as good as the stock Contis.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I am sad to hear about the plushiness of the PS4S. I was hoping that when I get new 18s that I could get a tire that feels as good as the stock Contis.
note he’s comparing to the DWS which is a very different compound compared to the SportContact 6 that the CTR comes with.

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Thank you for the shout out to Discount Tire Direct - we're happy to hear you're pleased with the experience :thumbsup:
I have no problem recommending you to everyone I know - the guys at your 6214 Charlotte Pike location have earned a loyal customer. Great wheel/tire knowledge, impeccable service, great pricing.

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
are you comparing an all season tire to a summer tire?

OP
OP

Driveitlikeuboughtit

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW CTR
Country flag
  • Banned
Just wanted to give perspective on going with a wider tire/rim but still sticking with All-Season vs Summer.

If you want a comparison with the 20" stock Contis - the stock Conti's feel sharper. Literally feel like you're driving a laser car on rails. They have better road feel, better turn in.

However, they wear too fast. Look at my user name - I don't flog my cars. Still got less than 10k on the stock Contis. Hopefully these PS4S's last the 30k they're warrantied for, but if not then I know Discount Tire will take care of me with their own mileage warranty.

The PS4S's feel as fast as the Conti's, but they also feel "luxurious" because they don't transmit every pebble they drive over. If that's what you want, go for it. Me personally, I like feeling the road. I'm not dumping my 20" rims anytime soon.
Sponsored