xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, I have just recently traded in my 2018 Si for a 2021 Type R. Love the car but I live in NJ so changing the tires is a must. So I went ahead and purchased a new set of Continental 245 35 R20 DWS06 Plus. This is the new version of the well known DWS06, and I wanted to share my first driving impressions if anybody else is in the hunt for these tires.

Now, I have not driven the car a lot with the new tires so I may update my thoughts later, but right of the bat I gotta say they ride almost as good as the stock tires. Noise levels same as stock IMO, grips definitely better, specially now in the winter time (25 degrees), handling may have been affected a little but it could just be in my head, not really sure yet. Same thing with cornering.

I had the DWS06 on my SS camaro and I think these are a bit better IMO so I would say if you are undecided between the two , I say go with the new version. Hope it helps. Peace.
Sponsored

princeRS

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
great tires (the og anyway), have run them on all of my cars with no complaints

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I heard theyre lighter and have stronger sidewalls. Rolling onto the sidewall during hard cornering was my only complaint with the originals.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I was looking for someone to rate these. i heard they have a stiffer sidewall and handle better than the Michelin Sport A/S tires

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I would like to see a comparison with the Michelin A/s And the DWS06 plus? for $200 less i would like to know...would greatly affect by buying decision.

OP
OP

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
You guys are right, the compound is different on the Plus model as well as it has stronger tread blocks from what I have researched. Price is definitely cheaper than Michelin too

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
i was running the DWS (OG) on my 2015 Si ( living in NJ at the time), i used them once and never looked back when it comes to all season. great performance all year round imo

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the OG in 245/40/18 and it has been great. Very good wet and dry grip, great tires for a daily/backroad usage, probably leaves a little on the table at the track. Haven't driven them in any sort of deep snow, but patches haven't been any trouble.

EnjoyDriving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8
Country flag
Hey guys, I have just recently traded in my 2018 Si for a 2021 Type R. Love the car but I live in NJ so changing the tires is a must. So I went ahead and purchased a new set of Continental 245 35 R20 DWS06 Plus. This is the new version of the well known DWS06, and I wanted to share my first driving impressions if anybody else is in the hunt for these tires.

Now, I have not driven the car a lot with the new tires so I may update my thoughts later, but right of the bat I gotta say they ride almost as good as the stock tires. Noise levels same as stock IMO, grips definitely better, specially now in the winter time (25 degrees), handling may have been affected a little but it could just be in my head, not really sure yet. Same thing with cornering.

I had the DWS06 on my SS camaro and I think these are a bit better IMO so I would say if you are undecided between the two , I say go with the new version. Hope it helps. Peace.
Hey, any update on those tires? How much did you pay for them? Have you got a chance running them in snow yet? I live in MN, so the "S" part is important to me :thumbsup: Thx for sharing!!

OP
OP

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey, any update on those tires? How much did you pay for them? Have you got a chance running them in snow yet? I live in MN, so the "S" part is important to me :thumbsup: Thx for sharing!!
Hey man, I bought them at the dealer I purchased my car from, was actually cheaper than Tirerack because they were running the buy 3 get the 4th for free. I believe I paid 1050 mounted, balanced and installed on the factory wheels.
But anyways, I bought them end of last Winter when it was snowing, had about 2 inches of snow, and it was perfectly fine, eventhough I have not tried them in more snow after that, I am sure they would do just fine as I had the older version a few years back on a camaro and I had zero issues. These tires are definitely a step up from the previous "Not PLUS" version and let me tell you, the performance the deliver is amazing, sometimes I forget I have allseasons on. IMH these are the best allseason tires you can get for the price.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Here in FL I ran DWS on my 370Z, the OE tires (Pilots) (Ithink) were crap in the rain on the interstate and the DWS worked 100 times better as far as grip and hydroplaning.
I'm planning to go to 35's on my R when it's time for new tires. May put DWS on .

jmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NSX-T & 2021 Civic Type R LE USA-029
Country flag
i will post up my reviews after getting them on

I'm glad that I made an order for them already. DiscountTire offers the best price in town :thumbsup:
Did you go with 245/35R20 on the OEM rims?