"Clips" on sun-visors?

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Anyone know what those "clips" are for on the sun-visors?

Honda Civic 10th gen "Clips" on sun-visors? IMG_2230.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen "Clips" on sun-visors? IMG_2231.JPG

RayD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan - Touring
Country flag
I believe that is where you supposed to place your garage opener. You know...since they didn't include HomeLink...this was their compromise! Ha!

gomarlins3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, 2017 Accord EX-L, 2002 S2000
I was wondering that today as well. My thought was it was where you were suppose to put your registration and such, but that seems kind of dangerous when blocking the sun to the side with the windows open.

tenshiro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring 6MT, 2014 Mitsubishi RVR LE, 2018 Civic Type R #14978
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I put my raybans there initially. It wasn't until I hit myself in the face when I moved the visor to block the sun that I realized it probably wasn't meant to be used as a glasses clip :crazy:

rocketship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, VW
Those are meant to display your parking permits / tickets (while folded over).. makes it easier for enforcement folks to read I guess (credit: hondaprojason)

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
you could put your toll ticket there. Ive thrown my Debit card there before if i needed it handy

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
I was wondering that today as well. My thought was it was where you were suppose to put your registration and such, but that seems kind of dangerous when blocking the sun to the side with the windows open.
why do Americans need to carry registration on them? This is something that baffles Australians like me. we only need a licence and the car must have both front and rear licence plates.

himecraig

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mercedes 320slk 08 Ford Ranger fx4 17 Acura RDX adv 17 Honda Civic Hatch ex-l ns
Country flag
I think you’re referring to those clips that hook and hold the visor in place until you flip the visor down and use the clip as a nice finger hold while you unhook the visor and swing it 90* to use as a sun block for the window by your side

Edit: I can’t figue out are those black box things glued to your visors?

OP
OP

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
I think you’re referring to those clips that hook and hold the visor in place until you flip the visor down and use the clip as a nice finger hold while you unhook the visor and swing it 90* to use as a sun block for the window by your side

Edit: I can’t figue out are those black box things glued to your visors?
The driver side visor has a garage opener and both driver and passenger side visors have little Rubbermaid tissue / Kleenex holders clipped on.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
why do Americans need to carry registration on them? This is something that baffles Australians like me. we only need a licence and the car must have both front and rear licence plates.
It’s not really a big deal lol. It’s not like they will arrest you. Plus I only need a rear plate
Sponsored