"Clips" on sun-visors?

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
It’s not really a big deal lol. It’s not like they will arrest you. Plus I only need a rear plate
In Australia police cars are equipped with ANPR, or Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Your plates are obviously linked to your registration. So if the car is not registered it would instantly come up on the display in the cop car. It's also used to recognise stolen cars, and people with driving offenses. The system can scan and read 16 plates per second. So yeah no getting away with an unregistered vehicle in Australia.
Sponsored

royson345

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Sedan
Country flag
Cops in the States have a system like that as well. Here in the New Jersey we need a front facing plate (really annoying) and all NJ paperwork present in the car. My guess is its just another way to ticket drivers to produce revenue for the municipality which theh serve. Its an expensive ticket too for not having proper information to hand over during a traffic stop.

ken88

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-T, 2007 Honda Shadow Aero
Country flag
I wouldn't advise leaving your parking ticket in your car, you should take that with you.

manual tolls.. .. it's 2018.
Most places I know of in the States, if you're given a ticket/receipt for a paid lot or garage, it's meant to be left in the car and in plain sight.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most places I know of in the States, if you're given a ticket/receipt for a paid lot or garage, it's meant to be left in the car and in plain sight.
Yes a few places are like that here, but the visor wouldn't be an ideal place for it. What's interesting is that the visor doesn't have them clips here in Australia, you would think something as simple as it would be the same in all markets.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag

last time i was on the ohio turnpike I still got a paper ticket. Its been a couple years

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
In Australia police cars are equipped with ANPR, or Automatic Number Plate Recognition. Your plates are obviously linked to your registration. So if the car is not registered it would instantly come up on the display in the cop car. It's also used to recognise stolen cars, and people with driving offenses. The system can scan and read 16 plates per second. So yeah no getting away with an unregistered vehicle in Australia.
They have those systems in the US and of course the registration status is available on the cops computer.

Still we need our paper registration at least in my state lol.

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
They have those systems in the US and of course the registration status is available on the cops computer.

Still we need our paper registration at least in my state lol.

Seems so backwards, we even got rid of registration stickers on the cars here. And we got rid of all manual Money tolls. You just drive at speed under the toll point and it will register your tag, or photograph your plate for payment.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Seems so backwards, we even got rid of registration stickers on the cars here. And we got rid of all manual Money tolls. You just drive at speed under the toll point and it will register your tag, or photograph your plate for payment.

I'll blow your mind, we used to actually have two stickers! one for the year and one for the month. Now we just have one. lol

You guys have plates like ours or those long thin ones?

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'll blow your mind, we used to actually have two stickers! one for the year and one for the month. Now we just have one. lol

You guys have plates like ours or those long thin ones?
we can have either, thin or the wider ones.
Www.ppq.com.au would show you the various custom plates you can get here. But the default plate you get is the wider one. you would have to especially order the thinner one.

Two stickers seems a little redundant. Our old ones had year and month on the one sticker.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i don't have these clips in my civic and I also noticed the sunvisors supports don't extend like they do on the american version.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
why do Americans need to carry registration on them? This is something that baffles Australians like me. we only need a licence and the car must have both front and rear licence plates.
It’s the same in Europe. If stopped in traffic you have to be able to show to the cop your ID card, the Driving License, the car’s registration form and the mandatory insurance form (covers only the damages you might do to others in an accident in which you are at fault). If you don’t have any of those on you you could get a hefty fine (~400 USD). So it’s more convenient to have the paperwork on you or in the car (usualy the insurance form remains in the car, the rest should stay on you not to be stolen).

Last edited:

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It’s the same in Europe. If stopped in traffic you have to be able to show to the cop your ID card, the Driving License, the car’s registration form and the mandatory insurance form (covers only the damages you might do to others in an accident in which you are at fault). If you don’t have any of those on you you could get a hefty fine (~400 USD). So it’s more convenient yo have the paperwork on you or in the car (usualy the insurance form remains in the car, the rest should stay on you not to be stolen).
Seems as if Australia is the only country that's herd of computers?

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
So if the car is properly registered, what pops up on the display? Can they see your name, address, date of birth and religious denomination?:eek:

I see recently a lot of videos of drivers refusing to identify themselves to the cops, claiming they didn't commit any crime. Often successfully.:patriot:

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So if the car is properly registered, what pops up on the display? Can they see your name, address, date of birth and religious denomination?:eek:

I see recently a lot of videos of drivers refusing to identify themselves to the cops, claiming they didn't commit any crime. Often successfully.:patriot:
I'm not sure how the government would know your religious denomination.

But your license already contains, address, date of birth and name :/ and vehicles are registered to a licensed driver so they could marry the two up.

The pictures below show you what the police would see, everything from if you have been stopped for drug possession, of if the car is stolen which would actually sound an alarm on the display.

Honda Civic 10th gen "Clips" on sun-visors? queensland-police_anpr_patrol-car_11

Honda Civic 10th gen "Clips" on sun-visors? queensland-police_anpr_patrol-car_10

Police can also look up your criminal history with a iPad on the spot with your license as well. I'd assume other country's do the same thing.

BogdanM

First Name
Bogdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Plus 1.5 MT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems as if Australia is the only country that's herd of computers?
Not quite, they have computers in their cars in my country also and sometimes they even run a quick check on you. However, I am not sure they can use the system 100% in all situations, for example there are mountain areas where you have poor mobile signal (so poor data transfer rates also). Or they are stopped in locations where the number plates are difficult to be seen (heavy traffic or just not a very fortunate location).
Also, in the EU (European Union) all the countries part of it need to have harmonised standards, you can't have one country that does not require paperwork and a couple of others that do, especially since people do travel very often by car from country to country.
Sponsored