Civic Type R continues final tweaking on Nurburgring

All-Knowing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NSX
Country flag
I don't think anyone would classify the suspension in the NSX Type R as budget. I'm just saying that depending on how "comfortable" the ride is on the comfort setting, there might have been a compromise by softening up the springs on this car that otherwise would not have been made absent a comfort mode.

Btw, the stock dampers are made by Bilstein? Didn't know that. Always assumed it was Showa.
ZF makes the shock dampners.

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't think the R is slammed here. +R mode only stiffens the dampers (rebound), it doesn't lower the car, a la air bags. The Length of the springs dictates the ride height. It looks slammed because the driver is throwing it into a downhill, right hand turn at high speed causing the body to roll to the left side. Cruising over a swail into a downhill/hard turn at high speeds is a pretty common scenario where it can be easy to lose control & slide right into a guard rail. This thing looks pretty planted to me.

This would be one of those classic photos of the GTI where the rear inside wheel gets off the ground.

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
The guy holding the Nurburgring record with GTI Clubsport S elaborates on manual/dsg and AWD/FWD at 30:00. Interesting thing about fwd confirmed by some professional track driver.

Last edited:

J35W2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 supercharged Civic Si (sold), '06 Civic Si (sold) , '14 V6-6MT Accord Coupe (sold), '17 CTR #1637, '18 Civic LX Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, seems like the driver was saying that FWD in good conditions was faster on the Green Hell than AWD. Then realized that he was talking about and standing in front of a Golf R (in that glorious German accent, no less) and kind of reeled it back in. I have a friend that is an engineer with the Hendricks Nascar team and it seems like the right thing to say is always RWD>AWD>FWD if you are a TRUE enthusiast. FWD is one of the reasons I love Honda & the CTR. It's so wrong, but SOOOOO right.

Or maybe I shoud say that if the CTR is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

limitedslip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Si coupe, 13 Si coupe, 10 Si Coupe
The guy holding the Nurburgring record with GTI Clubsport S elaborates on manual/dsg and AWD/FWD at 30:00. Interesting thing about fwd confirmed by some professional track driver.

----------------------------

Found the Scirocco to be the better sporting chassis

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
The civic si comes out next month and still no price. Im starting to believe they wont give a price for the ctr at NYIAS -_-
Yeah agreed. Based on the Si reveal video...

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah agreed. Based on the Si reveal video...
I tend to agree also. They probably won't reveal anything we don't already know.
If someone goes to NYIAS, get the rim specs, and see if it does have the lights in the rubber seal around the door frame...

Banshee

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, 07 Civic Si, 17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag