First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
Well than how?
It's been detailed and verified by one of the Swindon workers. It goes something like: I forget the quantity numbers, but after the first 100, the plates were all thrown in a bin and then when a CTR came down the line, a random one was grabbed out of the bin. The first order of badges was something like 6,000 or 8,000. Then as they got low they would order more, and throw them into the existing bin.

This means that the early production vehicles have low badge numbers, but late production numbers might also have low number too, just the chance is much less. It also means that the badge number does not equal production order. But, VIN numbers do.

I believe the details as well as statistical analysis is posted at fk8registry.com. But been a long time since I looked at it.

EDIT: here's one of the analysis https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-production-number-correlation-problem.45960/
Sponsored

Last edited:

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
It's been detailed and verified by one of the Swindon workers. It goes something like: I forget the quantity numbers, but after the first 100, the plates were all thrown in a bin and then when a CTR came down the line, a random one was grabbed out of the bin. The first order of badges was something like 6,000 or 8,000. Then as they got low they would order more, and throw them into the existing bin.

This means that the early production vehicles have low badge numbers, but late production numbers might also have low number too, just the chance is much less. It also means that the badge number does not equal production order. But, VIN numbers do.

I believe the details as well as statistical analysis is posted at fk8registry.com. But been a long time since I looked at it.

EDIT: here's one of the analysis https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...-production-number-correlation-problem.45960/
Thanks for that. I have no registered mine!

F20C1A

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Clarity Touring and 2021 Civic Type R SGP
Country flag
40130 on my tag. It is SGP and purchased from a Nashville dealer.