vitae_essence

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR-43405
Country flag
Installed Eventuri Intake and Inlet pipe today. Did not disconnect the battery but did disconnect MAF sensor and 2 other sensors per their directions. After getting everything installed and put back together the dashboard is lit up like a Christmas Tree with CEL, rev match malfunction, break system issue (collision avoidance) and other errors. Car will build only 4 lbs of boost as well.

No tune and only other mod is 27Won Exhaust. Has anyone had this issue before? Do I need a tune to fix this? Is there a way to clear the codes by unplugging the battery?
Sponsored

OP
OP
vitae_essence

vitae_essence

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR-43405
Country flag
You got the check engine light because you did not disconnect the battery. Light will clear itself after you drive between 30-40 miles.
All the lights? Because it's getting a whole slew of them.

jonnys_honda

First Name
Jonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #1288
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the lights? Because it's getting a whole slew of them.
Yes all the lights. This is how the car behave’s with a check engine light. If the car is left with the battery in while parts are being removed, the car will detect an error/fault. Which is why the battery should be removed to avoid the hassle of getting the check engine light later.

OP
OP
vitae_essence

vitae_essence

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR-43405
Country flag
Discon for a few minutes, then recon, the battery. The lights should disappear in a bit during driving.
Should I try what jonny was saying? Or should I just skip straight to disconnecting the battery for a bit?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Should I try what jonny was saying? Or should I just skip straight to disconnecting the battery for a bit?
Up to you, though, in my experience, the battery trick is faster than 30-40 miles.

Doing the battery trick won't harm anything. Ensure all connecters you removed during install were reconnected, let the battery chill for a few minutes disconnected (resets the CPU), then recon and go for a drive. If the lights don't disappear within 10-20 mins, report back, and we'll go from there.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
Typically a good idea to do your research before throwing parts at your ride. I highly suggest first mod be a tuner.

OP
OP
vitae_essence

vitae_essence

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR-43405
Country flag
Yes all the lights. This is how the car behave’s with a check engine light. If the car is left with the battery in while parts are being removed, the car will detect an error/fault. Which is why the battery should be removed to avoid the hassle of getting the check engine light later.
Ahh okay makes sense.
Typically a good idea to do your research before throwing parts at your ride. I highly suggest first mod be a tuner.
Well, I did. At least I thought I did. Here's the link to the product. Says testing was done on stock tune. Honda FK8 Turbo Tube | Eventuri Which is why I was assuming it wouldn't be an issue. None the less though. I'm getting Hondata out of it haha.

OP
OP
vitae_essence

vitae_essence

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BB CTR-43405
Country flag
Up to you, though, in my experience, the battery trick is faster than 30-40 miles.

Doing the battery trick won't harm anything. Ensure all connecters you removed during install were reconnected, let the battery chill for a few minutes disconnected (resets the CPU), then recon and go for a drive. If the lights don't disappear within 10-20 mins, report back, and we'll go from there.
unplugged the battery for 10-15 mins and took it on a 20 min drive. 2 messages remain, System Emission Problem and Rev Match System Problem. I did see someone make mention of disconnecting the battery and joining the neg and pos wires together for 15-20 mins to hard reset the ECU. Have you heard of that?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
unplugged the battery for 10-15 mins and took it on a 20 min drive. 2 messages remain, System Emission Problem and Rev Match System Problem. I did see someone make mention of disconnecting the battery and joining the neg and pos wires together for 15-20 mins to hard reset the ECU. Have you heard of that?
Yep, though I think what you did should suffice. Hmm, we’re at the limit of my knowledge here, and seems like we might be at the limit of others’ knowledge as well, after doing a search on here for this issue. The only thing I can recommend is to go back through to ensure you plugged everything in tightly, and that there are no leaks.

Ducota

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si 2021 Accord Sport 2.0 2015 FiT Sport
Country flag
what a dumbass comment
When you alter your vehicle you don't just throw crap at it and hope it works, this forum is a great resource of unlimited answers . there is no dump questions just dumbaSSes.
Sponsored