Check engine/emissions light when tracking

EPSi2FKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Civic Type R, 2014 Lexus IS350
Country flag
I get a CEL every now and then when I track the car. Not most of the time. On the dash it says “emissions system problem.” No symptoms as far as I can tell. Scanned and got code P0136:00. Low O2 sensor voltage. I have a RV6 high flow cat with defouler and Hondata 91 oct with downpipe basemap. I’m able to clear the code and everything’s fine for the rest of the weekend. I know I need a custom tune (need advice/recs in North Texas?, thinking Redline, maybe Jotech)...it’ll probably happen sooner than later. After the fourth time in 6 track days, at this point, I’m not pitting, finishing the session and clearing the code before the next. I think it’s fine, but are there any concerns/am I ruining the car? Should I remove the defouler? Is there another level of disabling this with Hondata? Speed up the custom tune process? Thanks

Honda Civic 10th gen Check engine/emissions light when tracking 3AF85870-134F-4406-8B8A-E411D19DB4AD
Sponsored

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Don't need the defouler if you've got a tune. Make sure your O2 harnesses aren't super tight, especially with a defouler sticking out of the side. P0136 shouldn't be popping. It can be disabled but I wouldn't until you've made sure all your wiring is good. Generally speaking you don't have to disable any of the downpipe related CELs on a high flow cat.

Honda Civic 10th gen Check engine/emissions light when tracking 1619667023448

Note P0136 checkbox.

I can take care of your tune. Several of my customers consistently track with great success. You're better off with a remote tuner on this platform, very very few people know what they're actually doing on this car. www.fk8.clinic/products/tune