SpinRush

First Name
Big Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 ( Waiting )
Country flag
I got my first “Check Engine Light” today. It came on after installing the new HKS Muffler and HKS Intercooler. It didn’t go into “Limp Mode” but the light came on and stayed on till I got home.

There were no noticeable high temps. Nothing leaking, nothing smoking or unusual odors. Even after the light came on there was no loss of power or systems. I slowed down and just took it lightly.

I’m at 2,200km ( 1,367 miles ).

I talked to my mechanic after hours. He thinks the CEL may have come on by the increased air flow into the engine. I have an Eventuri CAI and it does sound like a jet. Air is really flowing into the engine.

Come to think of it. As I was driving, I could hear the air flow clearly, the suddenly the airflow backed off, like literally dropped out. As well, as the boost. I was driving about just about 100mph.

I wish there was a way to see the code.

I turned the engine off after I got home and then turned it back on again. CEL was still there. I’m letting the engine cool right now. Will check again tomorrow morning.

I know I’m due for my 1 month check. The car is still spanking new so I’m curious to see what Honda will find.
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I got my first “Check Engine Light” today. It came on after installing the new HKS Muffler and HKS Intercooler. It didn’t go into “Limp Mode” but the light came on and stayed on till I got home.

There were no noticeable high temps. Nothing leaking, nothing smoking or unusual odors. Even after the light came on there was no loss of power or systems. I slowed down and just took it lightly.

I’m at 2,200km ( 1,367 miles ).

I talked to my mechanic after hours. He thinks the CEL may have come on by the increased air flow into the engine. I have an Eventuri CAI and it does sound like a jet. Air is really flowing into the engine.

Come to think of it. As I was driving, I could hear the air flow clearly, the suddenly the airflow backed off, like literally dropped out. As well, as the boost. I was driving about just about 100mph.

I wish there was a way to see the code.

I turned the engine off after I got home and then turned it back on again. CEL was still there. I’m letting the engine cool right now. Will check again tomorrow morning.

I know I’m due for my 1 month check. The car is still spanking new so I’m curious to see what Honda will find.

Did you scan the ecu through the obd2 port?