Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
i love that Honda did a little carbon fiber accents on the seats. I thought the car needed just a bit more so I added some 3M carbon fiber vinyl over the trimmings. Just did one piece for now since I have to leave for work.

I didn't like that texture Honda put in so I put cf vinyl over and it looks a lot better.

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim QX18oja

More coming soon!

Edit: Added more pics

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim QpUV27s

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim 1NhptPL

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim 4sbBzhM

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim 28Hh9xn

Last edited:

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
i love that Honda did a little carbon fiber accents on the seats. I thought the car needed just a bit more so I added some 3M carbon fiber vinyl over the trimmings. Just did one piece for now since I have to leave for work.

I didn't like that texture Honda put in so I put cf vinyl over and it looks a lot better.

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim QX18oja

More coming soon!
Does that match the seat trim exactly? Where did you get this? Link?

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Does that match the seat trim exactly? Where did you get this? Link?
The one I bought was the 3M gloss black CA-1170. I like the gloss look as it reminds me of my old carbon fiber hood when its wet. Since the dash is slightly darker it looks better with the gloss. Theres a matte dry look which matches better with the seats. the model is CA-421.

Heres the one I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Gloss-3M-DI-N...52242569&sr=8-6&keywords=3m+flex+carbon+fiber

Looks like real carbon fiber but without the carbon fiber price.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
The one I bought was the 3M gloss black CA-1170. I like the gloss look as it reminds me of my old carbon fiber hood when its wet. Since the dash is slightly darker it looks better with the gloss. Theres a matte dry look which matches better with the seats. the model is CA-421.

Heres the one I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Gloss-3M-DI-N...52242569&sr=8-6&keywords=3m+flex+carbon+fiber

Looks like real carbon fiber but without the carbon fiber price.
Thanks. I really like this and am considering doing it as well. I am not into the purplish and greenish hues that specific piece of the dash throws. Would love to see more pics if you have any.

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
I second the request for more pics. I was telling my brother about this and am considering doing it myself. Did you do the doors as well?

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Added some more pictures. Photos were taken at night in my garage. I need to wake up earlier and take some day shots. Working night shift I don't get to see much light in winter.

PRak_CivX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXL
Added some more pictures. Photos were taken at night in my garage. I need to wake up earlier and take some day shots. Working night shift I don't get to see much light in winter.
Looks great. Was it difficult? Any tips? I'm torn between the glossy and the matte (which I think would match the striping in my leather seats).

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great. Was it difficult? Any tips? I'm torn between the glossy and the matte (which I think would match the striping in my leather seats).
Kinda cool - please describe the installation process: cutting involved, tools needed, does the back bonding hold up in heat?

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
First time doing any vinyl wrap and found it easy. The adhesive is very forgiving. I pull it off and readjust one piece 10 times and it had no problem sticking. Only tool I use was a xacto knife but mostly scissors. I kept pulling the edge up to trim it down til I got right.

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Nice
First time doing any vinyl wrap and found it easy. The adhesive is very forgiving. I pull it off and readjust one piece 10 times and it had no problem sticking. Only tool I use was a xacto knife but mostly scissors. I kept pulling the edge up to trim it down til I got right.
-but di you know what happens to the adhesive in summer heat

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Nice

Good point, given the interior is black and going to attract more heat, I'd be concerned

OP
OP
Anekin007

Anekin007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Nice

3M is top of the line quality so I'm not worried. People put vinyl wrap or stickers on exterior of cars with no issues from heat or car washes. Since its inside the car the quality and shine should last for years.

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I did the exact same thing, but I used a high gloss carbon vinyl. I like the realism of the one you used, but this seems a bit more subtle. Great minds :)
Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber wrap on dash trim 2016-01-06-17-35-
Sponsored