Be careful putting your car keys in your pocket

fjrman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic 4 door LX with CVT
Country flag
Put only one item in your pocket -- your fob. Problem solved.

I have one key ringed to my fob -- my house key. This key has never operated any feature on the fob while in my pocket.

My LX sedan has the window down feature on the fob. Every Honda with a fob I've owned had this feature.
Sponsored

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I expect you should be able to disable the feature. I don't have it with my LX, I don't believe, but I find that similar controls (ie one button press to unlock the doors, disable auto-locking doors) are fairly easy to program.
I think most vehicles made in the last 10 years have the feature. My 07 Mazda and Honda civic had it. 18 civic lx had it. Now the 18 si.

canalrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I think most vehicles made in the last 10 years have the feature. My 07 Mazda and Honda civic had it. 18 civic lx had it. Now the 18 si.
I have a 2017 sedan touring. I have found the trunk open a couple times and I conveniently opened the windows for a snowstorm. The only way I could imagine would be from pocket pressing the fob buttons. I keep only the fob and a few coins in my pocket.

My solution was to buy a tightly fitting cover for the fob: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KPTMQRP

I don't use the included key ring and I cut the tabs off the bottom so it could be easily removed from the fob without removing my key ring.

I haven't pocket pressed since.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
I'm going to answer OP's question about disabling the windows down on key fob feature. The setting can be change if you can get into the ECU using the Honda Diagnostic System for PC. However, I cannot confirm the key fob feature. I only know this because there are YouTube videos saying features can be found in the diagnostic tools for certain manufacturers. I don't know if you can change the setting if you have KTuner or Hondata.

I understand buying the diagnostic tools is always expensive, but you get as close to what the dealer has to fix your car with extras to see parameters available to the tech in the ECU.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I expect you should be able to disable the feature. I don't have it with my LX, I don't believe, but I find that similar controls (ie one button press to unlock the doors, disable auto-locking doors) are fairly easy to program.
Actually I have an LX and I have this option. I believe all civics have it. Just click the unlock button twice, and on the second click hold the button down. This will roll all your windows down. Yes I had it happen to me twice where it did it while in my pocket

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
It's on the LX press the unlock button twice and one the second time hold it down.

silverblip

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Toyota TRD Off-Road MT
Country flag
Hondas have been able to roll windows and moonroof all the way open with key fob for over 15 years.