Be Careful When Following a Pick-Up Truck

caspar21

2018 Civic Si
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
i was once following a van with plywood on the roof. the rope broke and the plywood went straight up. it was a good thing i got on the brakes hard because it was like a bouncing football, you could not anticipate which way it was going to go.
i managed to avoid it unlike in the pic.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
There are so many dipshits out there driving trucks, its fukin scary driving near them at all. From serving off the road from being tired or snorting moth. Pisses me off. So many assholes driving trucks today. They should have their own freeways to drive so that responsible drivers don't have to deal with the stupid fuks.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
i was once following a van with plywood on the roof. the rope broke and the plywood went straight up. it was a good thing i got on the brakes hard because it was like a bouncing football, you could not anticipate which way it was going to go.
i managed to avoid it unlike in the pic.
I was on a dirt bike on a highway when an RV camper had plywood sheet strapped on the roof (idiotic idea). The sheet flew up and did some gymnastics before falling flat on the road and shattering into a couple of pieces.

As I do, I follow at a safe distance if I have to be following and it was little threat to me.

But it could have easily turned into a bad day.

There is a reason why the police in my province pull over a lot of pick ups and trailer towing vehicles and RV campers and semis for badly strapped down loads.

The idiot prize of course goes to the people who strap stuff onto the roof of their cars using improvised straps. Do they not get that the wind will rip that thing right off the roof at some time?

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
There are so many dipshits out there driving trucks, its fukin scary driving near them at all. From serving off the road from being tired or snorting moth. Pisses me off. So many assholes driving trucks today. They should have their own freeways to drive so that responsible drivers don't have to deal with the stupid fuks.
Don't get me started on the ones driving at night with dead brake lights and just DRLs on and the tail gate down and long items sticking out the bed without any fluorescent markers on them. I see lots of this.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
The CivicX has plenty of power to pass these trucks :headbang:

I pass them all the time.

Instinctively the right foot pushes down a little and in no time I'm flying past them only to find out I'm doing 85 mph and need to slow down a little......... and getting about 38 mpg:D

Bye bye pick up truck :drive:
Sponsored