cjackgo
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
This is my first Honda, I'm 63. We were a GM/Chevy family growing up. In 1993 I bought a pick-up truck that had that ignition switch problem that killed people but we didn't know that back then, I sued GM/Chevy/dealer under the Lemon Law; that was the end of GM for me. Then went to Ford/Lincoln. Have had Mazdas too; my car lineage is posted here under another thread. I love my Civic, just wish it were quieter cabin and before you all pile-on me about quiet, you have to understand I wish car makers offered an option of a "Quiet Package" which would be factory-installed materials throughout the car that guaranteed a total hushed cabin experience. I'd pay $2500 for that and yes I KNOW I could buy a Lexus, I don't want one, even tho I have family who works for them and could get discount.
Sponsored

JMT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 45 and just purchased a 2017 Honda Civic Ex-T. I was looking at new vehicles for the past 4 months as I wanted to get a feel for what was out there. Circumstances changed in May and purchasing a used or new car was required. I was expecting to buy an Accord but during test drives I loved the Civic. I drove an automatic and loved it. I always wanted to own and drive a manual transmission car so I started to think perhaps a Civic EX-T was the right match.
I test drove a 6 speed MT, and I loved driving it so the decision was made. Purchased an Civic Sedan EX-T WOP and by the time I reached the Southern State Parkway, I felt so comfortable driving my Civic and knew I made the right choice.

Brian1489

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda civic sedan Touring , 2013 Dodge Journey Crew
Vehicle Showcase
Im 50 and purchased a used 2016 Civic black on black Touring. walked out the door cheaper then a new EX model. gotta love that !! low KM to boot.
missed the same car with even lower KM at 11,000 dam that one was on a lot for only 2 days. at 25,000 no wonder. ( mine was under that price)
I just cant help but love the style.. I was looking for something great on gas to boot and this is IT !! The new 2018 Accord ( odds are it will be the big brother of the civic with a different ass ) would fit more to my age group but the gas mileage will not be same and price does matter to me. ( loaded accord would be in the 38,000 range

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm 23. My first car I got was a 2013 Civic, and I was 21 at the time (I'm a relatively new driver still, despite having my license for about 4 years now). The new Civic was love at first sight - I had no reason to sell my 2013 LX, other than the fact that I simply could make it work. Since I'm young and travel with a single passenger or just myself, I got the coupe since I like the body style the best out of all three. Although, the hatchback has really grown on me too!

OXC1632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L, 2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL
Country flag
27 here. First car was a 1997 Accord I bought off my dad. Drove a 2009 Chevy Cobalt for a while until it was totaled last year in an accident. Been driving my 2016 EXL since and loving it. Also traded in my wife’s 2011 CR-V and got her a 2017 Ridgeline which also comes in handy with bigger projects. Love Hondas!

Porsche tech

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Odyssey EX-L, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
70 years old, retired mechanic and shop foreman at the same Porsche dealership for 42 years. I have always purchased whatever was traded in and going to be wholesaled (not put on the dealers used car lot). Generally German cars, Audi (which the dealership also sold), Mercedes, VW, etc. Now retired and living in a different state, I must go to the open market and pay full price:fear:. I have been driving a 2002 Passat (that was traded in on an Audi) for about 12 years. Recently with 170K miles, problems developed and I did not want to put any more money into it so my wife and I started shopping and found a 2016 Civic Touring with 6600 miles on it at the local M/B dealer. Original owner had it just shy of 1 year and traded for a M/B. My wife and I love the car (she has an Odyssey) which we also like very much.--Dave

Honda Civic 10th gen Average Age of a 2016 Civic Owner? [POLL] Honda side markers 001.JPG
Sponsored