Attention Flashpro users with 2016 model year.

KMui

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T CVT
Country flag
@Syntek You'll probably have to contact hondata about this either via phone call or on their forum..
Sponsored

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Syntek You'll probably have to contact hondata about this either via phone call or on their forum..
Yeah, I already made a thread about it on their forum and haven't received a response regarding to those who are unable to get the recall update

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
Country flag
There is another thread where another user asks the same question. Unanswered for two days, yet they answered other questions since then. Even a cursory, we are looking into it would be better than silence. Wonder why hondata has this issue but havent seen one Ktuner person complain here or on facebook.

Arlington10thgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Better Business Bureau anyone?
They should be given the opportunity to correct this, but silence is not good. and based on the reply on the hondata forum, they are telling the users to go to honda for the update and so that sounds like they arent fixing it

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://www.hondata.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22063

V3.2.6 (6 Mar 2019)
  • FlashPro firmware updated to version 156
  • [2017+ Civic Si] Fixed boost by gear
Download here

We also have changed the return to stock for 2016 Civics so that they can choose to return to the 2016 or 2017 binaries.

The problem is that along with the oil dilution ECU update Honda is updating the transmission software to 2017, and the ECU / TCM versions have to match, so 2016 Civics can either use a 2016 or 2017 binary and there is no way of determining which should be the correct one. So when you return to stock it will ask. If you have had the Honda oil dilution update, then choose 2017, otherwise choose 2016. Note that hatches and anything other than 2016 Civics are not affected.

I'll revert later to confirm if this works going back to stock + tunes, etc.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Quick update, I was able to revert back to stock after the dash was lit up with errors. I'll try to upload a tune in a bit to see if that works as well.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any luck?
Havent tried yet, car is at dealer right now getting the CVT grinding issue fixed, I'm probably getting the car back today or tomorrow so I'll try it then

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update, I'm unable to upload a tune to my car the dash lights up with errors .

OP
OP
Sgtstaadanko

Sgtstaadanko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update, I'm unable to upload a tune to my car the dash lights up with errors .
I knew we weren't through the issues yet. Sorry this happened to you again. Do you mind if I update the original post to include your quotes of what you've done so far?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I knew we weren't through the issues yet. Sorry this happened to you again. Do you mind if I update the original post to include your quotes of what you've done so far?
Yeah that's fine.

The car can be put back to stock without an issue but any tune I upload and the whole dash lights up and car ends up being in limp mode unfortunately. I'm wondering because the programmer is telling the calibration that it's on the new binary instead

shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 STI, 15 CRV, 16 Civic RS Turbo, 18 Civic Type R
Country flag
Maybe the uploading needs an option like flashing back to stock. It should ask if you are flashing to a 2016 or 2017 transmission software. 2016 if you haven't had the oil dilution update, and 2017 if you've had it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah that's fine.

The car can be put back to stock without an issue but any tune I upload and the whole dash lights up and car ends up being in limp mode unfortunately. I'm wondering because the programmer is telling the calibration that it's on the new binary instead
Did you get the oil dilution update done at Honda?
Sponsored