Anyone else have on and off days with their Si?

Hajidub

Honda driver, vintage stereo enthusiast
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic YES
Country flag
I can't agree with a lot of the Si gripes on the site (of course is all subjective). I think the gearbox is the best I've owned (was a VW guy my entire life), the rev hang isn't a big deal to me, for the money nothing comes close (ADS, LSD, techy stuff). Though I've never owned an automatic I actually make excuses to run errands so I can drive my Si. Time will tell, but at this point I'm hooked. I can say the lightness/engage point of the clutch made for a learning curve on how to drive the car perfectly smooth, but that's old news now.

rhino

First Name
jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 sr5 access cab, 98 civic hx ej7, 2003 KLX400s
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man I feel you. I love this car but living in Canada, driving this thing in the cold is a pain in the ass especially in the mornings. My shifts are crunchy and it feels like I'm breaking something whenever I shift...takes a while to heat the cabin, few rattles, can't coast smoothly in traffic, etc.

However, when things start to heat up, it gets rid of a few of my issues. I have only been driving this since November and it has always been cold so I actually can't wait til spring/summer for me to notice if the effects of the cold.
this! i dont live in canada but man in the winter it kinda sucks to drive no lie where i enjoy driving my slow ass truck more

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
The day I regret buying a manual car is the day I'll give up having any more fun in life

Agreed! .. All our Hondas are manual transmissions (S2000's only came with 6 speeds) I bought the Si coupe as a daily driver since the 95 EX Coupe (which we kept) was getting tired at 424,000 miles and our S2000's draw to much attention these days. 68 years young here and the day I own a CVT is the day you can put me in the ground! LOL

Honda Civic 10th gen Anyone else have on and off days with their Si? 588DD3ED-CB23-4C7A-B0AE-E9C42651950A

wintercast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline 2009, Si Coupe 2019
Country flag
myself hard at the gym, it feels like I have to drop in the car.

I hear you on the gym part. I pushed myself at the gym with some leg stuff, and sometimes my calf/knee gets me a little and then.. i realized i had to drive home. Got in, and at first i was worried about how my calf was going to feel with the clutch. Luckily it is light, but i could feel it and was happy my trip home was quick. I would hate to have to deal with that in stop/go traffic.

Ron R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
I hear you on the gym part. I pushed myself at the gym with some leg stuff, and sometimes my calf/knee gets me a little and then.. i realized i had to drive home. Got in, and at first i was worried about how my calf was going to feel with the clutch. Luckily it is light, but i could feel it and was happy my trip home was quick. I would hate to have to deal with that in stop/go traffic.
Oh yeah, before Covid, it would be long days at work and then gym time. Lucky the gym was a short drive home lol.
Sponsored