Any shops already working on tuning these?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why do you assume this?
because its been over 2 years they have been trying and when you can't figure out a way to flash through ODB and basically give up, they start looking at other options
Sponsored

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I think it’s part of their strategy. When they finally release the programmer, it will sell like hot cakes because of the long wait for tuning potential. It’s the number one modification for the car, so it makes sense.

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Myself I am expecting bench flash just based on the options that are out there for the FK2.

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
I think it’s part of their strategy. When they finally release the programmer, it will sell like hot cakes because of the long wait for tuning potential. It’s the number one modification for the car, so it makes sense.
exact...strategy

CincyTypeR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R #0426. 2014 Accord Coupe V6
Country flag
Downside is you have to send in your ecu as I thought was going to be the case. They will have to make a modification to it that cant be reverted back. In any case happy they have something for everyone. Looking forward to what everyone does for power with it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Well at least you have a tune. Downtime will suck. Now for pricing.

Samlietxh

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type-R #5483
Country flag
Well at least you have a tune. Downtime will suck. Now for pricing.
They overnight. It won't be much down time. I'm sure if you're trying to be one of the first ones in it will take a little, but not THAT bad.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Well it worked they got people talking about it. But it isnt going to be an odb flash, probably a bench flash if they have anything and weren’t just teasing everyone
because its been over 2 years they have been trying and when you can't figure out a way to flash through ODB and basically give up, they start looking at other options
Well that was quick. Lol.

Now to enter the world of Honda Tuning. Who are the big Hondata pro-tuners?

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Downside is you have to send in your ecu as I thought was going to be the case. They will have to make a modification to it that cant be reverted back. In any case happy they have something for everyone. Looking forward to what everyone does for power with it.
Unlock is usually just a software flash. Usually reversible.

Full tuning capabilities should give us Flex fuel out of the box though. I’ve emailed for exact info. This is huge no matter the hassle compared to the cost of the alternative.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Unlock is usually just a software flash. Usually reversible.

Full tuning capabilities should give us Flex fuel out of the box though. I’ve emailed for exact info. This is huge no matter the hassle compared to the cost of the alternative.
It's a BDM flash. Meaning you physically open the ECU and low level burn the ECU. You can low level burn the ECU back to the original rom... but the ECU's forever been opened and altered to take the BDM flash. In some cases you solder to the board. Example: http://www.mbstuning.com/images/me9.7.jpg

I believe on this ECU it's case opened and close with no modifications to the board.
Sponsored