Any shops already working on tuning these?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
So does anyone know of a good tuner who will do remote street tuning?

Will Vit tune with hondata remotely? I’m hoping to have a competent tuner who will just do a remote tune after I send them the logs. Obviously it wouldn’t be as fast as of a process as dyno tuning.
That’s just standard e-tuning. It’s not known if that will even happen, because you have to send your ecu off to have it modified to allow tuning potential. The only real solution is MoTECH. Can’t e-tune with this ECU I’m assuming.
Sponsored

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That’s just standard e-tuning. It’s not known if that will even happen, because you have to send your ecu off to have it modified to allow tuning potential. The only real solution is MoTECH. Can’t e-tune with this ECU I’m assuming.
You guys are killing me. Lol

It says obd2!

You send the ecu, they modify it. It comes back with the standard Honda layout. You hook up to the obd2 and then tune or catalog, etc.

This could be like kpro on the 2002-2005 Si. I had one. I sent my ecu to hondata. It came back modified. I put it back in, then I had to use my laptop with this connection that went to obd2. I could datalog and tune. I went to a tuner back then as there wasn't an e-tuner back in that day. I'm sure you can datalog and send it to someone like vit who will send you a new tune to upload.

Try not to get confused and think you have to take the ecu out every time for a tune. Hondata is modifying it so you have the capability to upload tunes and datalog

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe

It says obd2!

You send the ecu, they modify it. It comes back with the standard Honda layout. You hook up to the obd2 and then tune or catalog, etc.

This could be like kpro on the 2002-2005 Si. I had one. I sent my ecu to hondata. It came back modified. I put it back in, then I had to use my laptop with this connection that went to obd2. I could datalog and tune. I went to a tuner back then as there wasn't an e-tuner back in that day. I'm sure you can datalog and send it to someone like vit who will send you a new tune to upload.

Try not to get confused and think you have to take the ecu out every time for a tune. Hondata is modifying it so you have the capability to upload tunes and datalog
Oh no I completely agree, I think @TypeRinATL wants to know if we will get a flashpro and just be able to tune like older gens where we could just send Vit logs back and forth, and I don’t think it will be like that, maybe after you get your ecu back like you said.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh no I completely agree, I think @TypeRinATL wants to know if we will get a flashpro and just be able to tune like older gens where we could just send Vit logs back and forth, and I don’t think it will be like that, maybe after you get your ecu back like you said.
It should be the same. With kpro I could datalog also which is what etuners use. That is the same as flashpro.

I had flashpro for my 2007, 2011, and 2013 Si's. Flashpro was the same as kpro basically. The only difference was with kpro i had to initially send the ecu in...and of course with flashpro I used that module to datalog, whereas with kpro i had to have my laptop to record a datalog. Back in 2002 vit wasn't etuning...if he'd been around, he could have done the same as he does now.

I have a tad experience with hondata on my 2002, 2007, 2011, and 2013 Si I've owned.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R

It says obd2!

Lol. I feel your pain. It’s even worse on Facebook. Like 5-6 people typing out these detailed posts that don’t make any sense whatsoever.

Hondata didn’t do anything they just copied others. Who cares.... Did you have an OBD available tune before? Do you have one now? End of discussion.

The only dealer function that would be theoretically broken is a an ecu firmware update. People are acting like Joe Schmo at their Honda dealer is Edward Snowden.

https://goo.gl/images/7GT5j1

Last edited:

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
Hondata didn’t do anything they just copied others. Who cares.... Did you have an OBD available tune before? Do you have one now? End of discussion.
even if they got it and copied it,,,they supposed havent cracked nothing at all

Last edited:

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol. I feel your pain. It’s even worse on Facebook. Like 5-6 people typing out these detailed posts that don’t make any sense whatsoever.

The only dealer function that would be theoretically broken is a an ecu firmware update. People are acting like Joe Schmo at their Honda dealer is Edward Snowden.

https://goo.gl/images/7GT5j1
Lmao @edwardsnowden

fk8mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic type r
Country flag
What does that even mean?
edited my post and i believe what was writed on fb,,,but like you said who care? if they have a solution for 800$ ill take it...but i will wait ktuner

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, thank you, I’ve been corrected on this. I’ll see if I can edit or delete my post.
It's all good, just wanted to spread the word so people didnt get hopes up that that was the price. Although I do find it curious that Hondata hasn't released pricing yet.

EricDET

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
So does anyone know of a good tuner who will do remote street tuning?

Will Vit tune with hondata remotely? I’m hoping to have a competent tuner who will just do a remote tune after I send them the logs. Obviously it wouldn’t be as fast as of a process as dyno tuning.
I'm new to the Honda world, so I don't really know any big names outside of Vit. His connection to Ktuner makes me think he may not be a player here.

I'm going to go with Mike Botti. He's tuned a few DIT cars for me in the past and I have not had a bad experience. I've already contacted him and he's on board. He told me he paid out quite a bit of money for tuning solutions from some of the Euro companies for flashing that didn't end up working on any of his USDM Type R cars. Hondata may have had a little more hand in this than everyone is giving them credit for.
Sponsored