How to tell if there is a tune already on a CTR?

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CBP Type R
Country flag
If you can afford that then what's a few hundred dollars more, and buy a brand new one and none of your worries matter.

Now if you wanna test drive a CTR before ya buy one then go look at it as that's the only way to go as you likely won't be able to test drive a new one.

But in the end it's your money....your choice. But I'd just buy new imho.
Sponsored

19typer

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
If you can afford that then what's a few hundred dollars more, and buy a brand new one and none of your worries matter.

Now if you wanna test drive a CTR before ya buy one then go look at it as that's the only way to go as you likely won't be able to test drive a new one.

But in the end it's your money....your choice. But I'd just buy new imho.
agreed, I wouldn't mess with used. Even if you do modify it later, at least you know how it was done and not beat into the ground

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Youā€™ll see over 23 psi at 4000 rpm if Thereā€™s a tune. I doubt it as 99 percent of tunes are hondata or ktuner. People unpair the car and remove the unit to resell.
Hmmm i dont know how true this is

I was always getting max 22/23 psi but ever since i installed my prl hvi a couple months ago i very consistently hit 24psi. No other mods excepr hvi...

Honda Civic 10th gen How to tell if there is a tune already on a CTR? 20200820_205203

Glassjaw121986

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda civic si
Country flag
Hey guys,
FIgured i would throw this out to the forum since you pointed out some key aspects of a car I was considering. So basically I was wondering - if I see a car that I might be considering with a CBE and an intake - how can/will I be able to tell if there is a tune associated with the car. Honestly my point of view is this - you donā€™t do these things to a car and NOT add a tune (in my experience - sometimes you lose HP bc of lack of a tune).

Anyway - from what I can tell - this has an Invidia Exhaust and PRL intake - Iā€™ll leave the link to get some more feedback from you guys who probably know more about the car than I do:

URL:
https://www.vandergriffhyundai.com/...c+Type+R-8f631a620a0e0a17748760c8b7d21c49.htm

From what I can tell - it does have the CBE and intake - anything else I might be missing from the ā€˜peanut galleryā€˜ ;)
Again - appreciate any advice from you guys since I feel I got some good advice on another car I was considering - the good news is that this wouldnā€™t be a long drive at all to check out (if still available). So on top of my usual questions at the top - would you guys consider this ride or pass altogether - hard to believe someone would add mods and then just turn the car in - especially after 6k in miles - thoughts and advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Bro I just picked up a 2017 Type R with 2000 miles on it with the original dealership paper floor mats still there. The car has the AWE Touring Exhaust, PRL High Flow intake, PRL Downpipe and frontpipe, Acuity Stage 3 Shifter, Hondata and Rally Armor Mudflaps. Literally $5000 worth of parts and labor. A rich guy who owned 6 cars bought it new. Put 2000 miles on it, garage kept it the whole time and sold it. I got super F'ing lucky. Pretty much every part I would have done myself. Might have went with the RV6 downpipe /frontpipe to save money but it's already done. The only issue I have is I have No way to see any Info on the Hondata. No idea whats in there or how to work it.
Sponsored