First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol, I actually just got mine replaced last week. 2019 Si, died around 26,000~ miles, 2 years later.
That's me ... at 26,645 miles
Sponsored

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
My 3 month old CTR is already having a hard time starting (longer, slower crank). Had the same issue on my 2020 Si. It’s not even cold out yet…

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's me ... at 26,645 miles

The same thing happened to my 2016, around 30k miles is when it died (also roughly 2 years)

I'd recommend you get a portable battery jumper as it's saved me a few times while I waited for my appointment with honda to get the battery replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/BUTURE-Start...e+battery+jumper+buture&qid=1628007655&sr=8-4

Thats the one I own, there are probably newer versions out.

Very portable, I keep it in the trunk incase of emergencies

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The same thing happened to my 2016, around 30k miles is when it died (also roughly 2 years)

I'd recommend you get a portable battery jumper as it's saved me a few times while I waited for my appointment with honda to get the battery replaced.

https://www.amazon.com/BUTURE-Start...e+battery+jumper+buture&qid=1628007655&sr=8-4

How long does it take to charge, using the USB-C cable?

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How long does it take to charge, using the USB-C cable?
few hours using my quick charge Samsung brick; If it's completely drained I just let it charge overnight. I use it to charge other devices as well if I need to so its not only just a dedicated battery jumper. The beauty of this thing is that it jumps no matter how charged the pack is. I've jumped my car with 1 bar on the pack before and probably less when I forget to charge it. If I don't have time to charge at home I leave it plugged in to charge inside the car using a quick charge cigarette port adapter while I'm on my way to work or wherever.

Last edited:

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
few hours using my quick charge Samsung brick; If it's completely drained I just let it charge overnight. I use it to charge other devices as well if I need to so its not only just a dedicated battery jumper.
That's cool.
Thanks for the link.

Deleted member 40377

I've got to get one of those. Handy little devices.

Ap1 George

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SGP Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I have the same original battery on my 2017 sport hatch and it still starts fine. I would probably replace it sometime this year though

Deleted member 40377

Has anyone used the Optima Yellow tops in their car? I had one back some time ago and I think it outlasted the factory by quite a bit. I don't mind paying a premium if it lasts. These deep cycle units can handle extra current loads demanded from higher-end stereos.

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've got to get one of those. Handy little devices.
Definitely. It sucks because you'd think with a relatively new car you won't have these types of problems but better safe than sorry. Especially since the parking brake switch randomly failed and my brakes were locked up at a small convenience plaza, that was also a pain in the ass. (I got that warrantied out as well, but I ordered the switch just incase it happens again and I keep it in the glove box for emergencies)

Has anyone used the Optima Yellow tops in their car? I had one back some time ago and I think it outlasted the factory by quite a bit. I don't mind paying a premium if it lasts. These deep cycle units can handle extra current loads demanded from higher-end stereos.
If I recall, some of the HPD drivers use the yellowtop batteries during their races. I assume it's really good, maybe something worth considering once this one inevitably shits out in 2~ years again.

SpringRubber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport, CVT, White
Country flag
3.5 years on the OEM battery with only 18K miles but lots and lots of short trips. After the state safety inspection on our other vehicle I asked the station about the battery and I watched them use a good-looking Interstate battery tester. Who here relies on testing to avoid being stranded?

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
yea i had the yellow top on my 09 civic, didnt last more than 3 yrs wasnt impressed with the yellow top. you would probably want the red top if you go that route.
Sponsored